California Delta Tips

justing66

While all the other college kids across the nation are heading to the tropics to get drunk for spring break, Im heading to the Delta, Stockton area, to fish and get some spots locked in for an FLW event.

Any tips you can throw my way would be great. As of now, me and my buddy are focusing on swimbaits, punch rigs, and frogs (the usual, or so Ive heard)

thanks

While all the other college kids across the nation are heading to the tropics to get drunk for spring break, Im heading to the Delta, Stockton area, to fish and get some spots locked in for an FLW event.

Any tips you can throw my way would be great. As of now, me and my buddy are focusing on swimbaits, punch rigs, and frogs (the usual, or so Ive heard)

thanks

Work franks tract with a wake bait or a punker In the morning and mission fish during the day and look for wood logs and make sure u work it thorally, I can't say that enough make 7 or 8 casts in or on that log and work it slow then small rip let it fall off the wood that reel 3 cranks than kill it again 4 30 sec then slow roll it back to the boat

Hope these words help u out

thanks

Work franks tract with a wake bait or a punker In the morning and mission fish during the day and look for wood logs and make sure u work it thorally, I can't say that enough make 7 or 8 casts in or on that log and work it slow then small rip let it fall off the wood that reel 3 cranks than kill it again 4 30 sec then slow roll it back to the boat

Hope these words help u out

:shock::o:?

Im not from there but have fished the delta a pretty good bit, but no expert, it can be tough to catch fish with weight or at least for me. I like the South mokulomee or however it's spelled. crawfish colored, and fire tiger speed traps, 301 and 297 senkos, white spinnerbait with white blades, white/chartreuse spinnerbait with one white and one chartreuse blade, and always have a lv100 tied on i had good luck with ghost minnow, and of course a frog had pretty good luck with them to. Sure you already have heard this but if not hope it helps and good luck. Oh and yeah owl harbor has been pretty good for me, all the way from the entrance at the river, where it splits go to the left, and all the way back to where it turns and right past the turn, but not far past. Again good luck.