Seguar threadlock

rogers954

So the tackletour review of this product looks promising, i have been somewhat intrigued ever since i learned about hollow core braid. I’m not so interested in this for swimbaits at the moment more for jig rods where i would prefer braid but hate connection knots. Anyway I’m sure there will be lots of people on here who this would work well for, now that they are making it in smaller diameters. 

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewseaguarthreadlock.html

Edited by rogers954

I've done a ton of research and fishing with hollow core lines. In my experience, Diamond can not be beat.

It's thinner, stronger and far cheaper than most of the other brands. It's much thinner than Seaguar's hollow core.

https://diamondfishing.com/diamond-braided-fishing-lines/diamond-generation-3-hollow-core-braid/

On 6/19/2021 at 3:24 PM, rwp said:

I've done a ton of research and fishing with hollow core lines. In my experience, Diamond can not be beat.

It's thinner, stronger and far cheaper than most of the other brands. It's much thinner than Seaguar's hollow core.

https://diamondfishing.com/diamond-braided-fishing-lines/diamond-generation-3-hollow-core-braid/

Thanks for the reply i will be sure to check this out in depth. The main reason I stubbled across the threadlock was because as the tackle tour article noted they finally made it in a size that could be used for normal conventional gear like smaller bait casters. I use 65lb power pro on my top water/frog setup and now I’ve got in on a tatula sv which is on my main pitching jig rod but i want to run a fluro leader on it and i can’t seem to figure out a knot that will go through the guides without hanging up at all which screws up the pitch. Figure a hollow core would solve that issue so I’m interested in trying some out. 

6 hours ago, rogers954 said:

Thanks for the reply i will be sure to check this out in depth. The main reason I stubbled across the threadlock was because as the tackle tour article noted they finally made it in a size that could be used for normal conventional gear like smaller bait casters. I use 65lb power pro on my top water/frog setup and now I’ve got in on a tatula sv which is on my main pitching jig rod but i want to run a fluro leader on it and i can’t seem to figure out a knot that will go through the guides without hanging up at all which screws up the pitch. Figure a hollow core would solve that issue so I’m interested in trying some out. 

Yes, it makes a world of difference, even when compared to "slim" knots, but you definitely still have to deal with a knot.

The 4 methods I've seen are:

Wrap and glue, this is the thinnest set up, and requires a jig and serving tool to tie. Jigs range from home made to around $200, but it's not much thicker than the mono leader.

Tie and glue, this is the method I use. It's 50-60 half hitches and a rizzutto. Ties fast and will fit though size 7 guides without issues.

Serve and glue. Similar to tie and glue except you use a very thin thread instead of the main line, slightly thinner, not worth the hassle imo.

Buy wind on leaders. Every wind on I've tried have been awful. The serving is sharp and they tear up your thumb. Basil's are supposed to be good, but they are too expensive when I can do it myself.

Things to keep in mind, you can't get away from some sort of knot.

Always, always, ALWAYS glue or the knot will come undone.

Size your line accordingly. 60lb diamond works with 30-60lb mono, you can can make 80 work, but after that the needles won't fit and it makes it difficult. Fluoro is a different diameter, so 30lb fluoro might not be thick enough.

Other brands of hollowcore have different inside diameters as well, and may not work with the same leaders.

Buy your needles too fit the leader, most places list the ID of the needle. You can kink your leader before you slide it in the needle if it's a little oversized, but you really want the smallest needle that the leader fits in. Makes it much easier to get the needle through the hollowcore.

Buy a loop needle, you'll need it.

IMG_20210313_141439617.jpg