Megabass Destroyer P5 Madbull F5-70X $325 SHIPPED & Shimano Tranx 400 5.8:1 $200 SHIPPED

Tackle.Ninja

56 minutes ago, LightsOutLitch said:

has something like this happened ever before on SU? If so, what did everyone do then?

People have been shady from day 1..... hence why there are lots of posts suggesting to do business with reputable members as well as only use PayPal G&S. It sucks, and sounds like a broken record, but it's reality. 

3 minutes ago, thebeardedbassman said:

People have been shady from day 1..... hence why there are lots of posts suggesting to do business with reputable members as well as only use PayPal G&S. It sucks, and sounds like a broken record, but it's reality. 

Agreed about G&S. Seeing more and more venmo, cash app, apple pay, and others posted on here all the time instead of PP bc of the taxes. 

12 minutes ago, BigJimmyB said:

I’ve posted conventional reels and they’ve been taken  Down almost immediately. This guy went on a conventional junkola posting spree and his posts were left up. Why is that?

That is a great observation. I’m in the same boat posting smaller conventional reels that could have been used for smaller swimbait stuff and have been deleted with in less than 5mins tops

Edited by Bassmann86

Jason said it, but this is simple to avoid. Demand PayPal G&S if you don't know the seller, pass on the deal if they want you to essentially just hand them cash prior to shipping, or run the risk of donating your money to a stranger if it is worth it. If a deal is too good to be true, well then that may likely be the case. Not victim blaming and I'm sorry to hear you guys got burned, I would be pretty upset myself if this happened. The one time sometime tried this on me I had paid G&S and got my money back quickly with zero hassle.

The tax issue can be worked into the price of the bait, but lure sales will be negligible on annual taxes unless you're selling tens of thousands of dollars of gear (and if that's the case, the tax hit probably isn't hurting you financially).

I hope somehow this works out for those affected. If this really was a Saudi troll or whatever, that was a pretty deep con with the Instagram and all.

Edited by hydrocephalic

1 hour ago, Bassmann86 said:

That is a great observation. I’m in the same boat posting smaller conventional reels that could have been used for smaller swimbait stuff and have been deleted with in less than 5mins tops

Good point, have a lot of "crossover" rods and reels that are really conv bass gear on here that stay up, get bumped, commented on. But I hues that a lot of us on here started with that gear so maybe that's why. Never knew conv gear posts get taken down since you see it so much.