Hard work, Perseverance, an opened mind and a little luck

Nufo

I am always hesitant to throw up fishing reports because I dislike the fact that it does not show you all the amount of hard work and sacrifice that goes into the fish that I catch. This winter has been a tough season for me. I have been getting fish but man they are far and few between with a lot of miles and hours in between. My normal patterns have not been yielding as they normally do and heck its just been a strange season and the patterns are not what they usually are.

Last night I took a chance and went fishing at the end of a front (I normally would not) because I am on vacation. The front ended while I was fishing and the sun came out about 45 minutes before sunset. Rather than beating up my usual spots I decided to try something new.

I moved to a new location (please don't ask!). The move payed off as about 20 minutes in, I had a huge follower come all the way into less than a foot of water. I tell you there is no other feeling than seeing a monster striper with its dorsal fin protruded out of the water like a shark only inches behind your bait. What made this even more cool is the water is a foot deep for about 20 feet out. The fish came all the way to about 5 feet from the shore and then spooked and turned back away causing quite a swirl.

2 casts later I feel a slap and then then a thud and its fish on. I knew instantly it was a nice fish. After a couple of hard drag peeling runs I got it close and jumped in and grabbed it.

The fish smoked my 10" glide bait big time. Fortunately the hooks were not in the gills so I was able to release it successfully after snapping a couple of pictures.

She went 26lbs and these pictures don't do this fat gordo belly any justice. She was a true oinker!

29f2a895-9926-4a48-9717-a3efd4c9d443_zps763bb5db.jpg

5adf0339-ead3-42e8-b543-669d640b394d_zps70e0c762.jpg

95e25c07-60d9-41f2-80ee-5616ccd1e761_zps9b9f1de1.jpg

LDC XXH

401D

30lb Izor XXX

16" 100lb leader with berkeley crosslock snap and owner 150lb solid ring on the ends

Owner ST56 1/0 hooks (best there is!!!!)

10" wood glide bait

Great fish and solid report. You can always give us a run down of how much effort you put into getting a fish - I suspect most of the veteran swimbaiters will understand perfectly. That thing has a gut like a largemouth!