PA 7 pounder

rossco7777

Hey Ross!  Great fish anywhere, but especially PA/Northeast.  The 7lb club is no joke to break into...as we all know too well.  Big congrats on an awesome fish! 

(I love Rising Sons myself...one of the best in category).

Edited by KeepinItReelFishing

On 8/29/2021 at 7:05 AM, KeepinItReelFishing said:

Hey Ross!  Great fish anywhere, but especially PA/Northeast.  The 7lb club is no joke to break into...as we all know too well.  Big congrats on an awesome fish! 

(I love Rising Sons myself...one of the best in category).

8 pound is next! Love watching your videos. I cannot express enough how much motivation they have given me and how valuable I think it is that we have a true representation of the grind to watch anytime we want. Thank you for your time and dedication to the videos and the fishing/editing required to make them. 

Rising son line thru is one of the best baits out there.

On 8/26/2021 at 6:34 AM, bigpoppabass said:

Clean giant fish too.  Late spawner maybe by looks of that tail. 

prespawn fatty. our spawn was extremely weird this year, prespawn was dead and then the fish never settled in on bedding areas they just moved up spawned over a weekend and left. we had extended cold fronts coming through one after another and then we randomly got 2 days in a row of 80-81 degree weather and i got this fish during one of those days i think the 2nd one. i figured it had warmed enough to get em moving and was targeting shallow water. casted over a big hump that comes up to just a foot below the surface and drops to 10 foot on either side and got bit right after i came over that hump working down the slope towards my yak. crazy catch didnt have a clue it was over 4 pounds till i lifted the net and set the fish in the yak. came in smooth no wild digging and trying to jump really. blew my mind.

thanks for all the kind words everyone. get out there and get after it!