FMTC Snitch

jkarol24

Swimbait Review: FMTC Snitch (Full Kit)

I have quite the unique bait for Review today, or I could you could say bait(s). The Snitch is the smaller version of the full-sized Shot Caller, and the kit included a glide/2 pc, 3 pc, and 4 pc rear body segment. As well, the bait came with short and long bill, chin weight, various weighted inserts (3/16 to 1/4 oz), and an extra tail. The bait features stainless removable pins, and comes in at 7 inches in length, and weighs between 2.5 and 3 oz depending on what weights are added to the chamber.

I certainly do not have the time to show every single configuration imaginable, ad there are probably thousands. With that being said, I went with one configuration per each body style, and also show how to add and subtract different parts and pieces. 

The 2 pc glide is set up with 1 large and 1 small weight. This produced a xss sink rate,  and on a straight swim, the bait had an erratic and thumping head bob. It can be either fished at the surface, or let is sink a little to your desired depth. You can also straight burn the bait, and it will create a hard and loud topwater waking action. Slow reel bumps will give a lazy side to side glide action, but this bait will not be a distance glider. However, it does turn smoothly and stays quite upright. The bait also accepts shorter and choppier inputs well, and will dart side to side in a non uniform manner, sometimes shooting to one side or another with distance. Overall, this configuration prefers the faster inputs, and accepts those harder hits pretty well. 

I then attached the 4 pc body, and I also removed all the weights. This produces a high floating topwater wake/swimmer. A slow steady retrieve produces a subtle and fluid wake with a small surface disturbance.  The head of the bait stays in one spot with minimal hunt, with the rear portion slithering with a very natural swimming motion. With hard and fast inputs, the 4 pc version changes artitude, and becomes a loud and erratic topwater ripper. The bait can be burned with ease, and this creates a very aggressive surface chop, along with joint click and water splash. You can also add in some reel pumps and rod twitches to get the bait to cut and turn before going back to swimming. 

Last, I attached the 3 pc body, along with the shallow bill and one small weight in the chamber. A straight retrieve produces a tight but fluid crank down swim, with a bit of head hunt, along with a swim of the rear segments. The bait will dive approx 4-5 ft with this setup, and a pause and twitch can add some additional action. You can also hold the rod tip up to reduce depth, or also to wake it at slow speeds.

I threw the Snitch on a custom Leviathan 7 ft 9 Heavy, paired with a Curado 300 and 20 lb Copoly. Copoly is probably a good middle ground for this bait, and it will work in all configurations. With that being said, if you only fish it topwater or only fish it cranked down, then you may wish to choose floating or sinking line accordingly... 

I hope you enjoyed Today's Review. This exact bait/kit is in the mail headed to Wayne for The Gathering, so I hope one of you gets to enjoy this bait! Thanks to FMTC for letting me shoot with the bait before it went to the raffle.