Roman Made Negotiator

aesoprocks247

I got a perch custom top hook and its a really awesome bait. This was my first day with it so Im still figuring it out.. the s waving on it is pretty tight when reeling moderately fast very slalom like. if you reel it really slow it will glide a couple feet from side to side,like its searching.When you stop the reel mid way it will free glide for a while. I got a pretty big hit at one of my spots in between the pylons of a bridge, but it came from underneath so I couldn't get a hook up with the top hooks. The paint on these things is really delicate I already took a big chip out of one side of the joints. Surprisingly banging it off of a concrete bridge column only scuffed the side it and didnt chip anymore paint. Roman Made should make silencers for the negotiator like they do for the mother. Im interested to hear what everyone thinks of these baits.YAX0fhw.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's got to be an issue with the clear coat they use. I have the negotiator custom in chartreuse (which is matte). I've thrown it a handful of times now and I don't have any chips. Hopefully they get this figured out before I purchase another. ;)

It's got to be an issue with the clear coat they use. I have the negotiator custom in chartreuse (which is matte). I've thrown it a handful of times now and I don't have any chips. Hopefully they get this figured out before I purchase another. ;)

must be the clear coat...mine is albino and chipped within the first 5 cast.. its a bummer the paint is so fragile becuase these baits are bitchin!! i love the way they swim i guess Custom colorway is gonna happen a lot quicker then i planned 8-)

Like I said, they are working on it. Disappoints me too guys :twisted: It's honestly not a bad idea to rip that tail out and re-glue it too. I think they are trying to rush too many to production when they should be taking a step back and figure out what the problem is. When they get it resolved, I will definitely let you guys know and keep you updated with what I hear.

Like I said, they are working on it. Disappoints me too guys :twisted: It's honestly not a bad idea to rip that tail out and re-glue it too. I think they are trying to rush too many to production when they should be taking a step back and figure out what the problem is. When they get it resolved, I will definitely let you guys know and keep you updated with what I hear.

Awesome! Regardless, I'm buying more :lol:

I bet its a lot more frustrating when it happens to a mother :evil:

I would love to see some negotiator sized silencers. Wouldn't be difficult, although god knows if I tried to do it myself I'd definitely screw it up somehow.

I bet its a lot more frustrating when it happens to a mother :evil:

I would love to see some negotiator sized silencers. Wouldn't be difficult, although god knows if I tried to do it myself I'd definitely screw it up somehow.

I don't think it would be that hard. You're just gonna need some really good glue and a very thin piece of rubber or soft plastic. I think the silencers that come on a mother would be too thick though. I just finished regluing silencers on my mother, had one come off :twisted: Make sure when you do put silencers on, use a lot of glue around the edges, put some one the silencer and the wood. I didn't put enough around the edges last time and I guess that water got in there and pried it off.

I don't think it would be that hard. You're just gonna need some really good glue and a very thin piece of rubber or soft plastic. I think the silencers that come on a mother would be too thick though. I just finished regluing silencers on my mother, had one come off :twisted: Make sure when you do put silencers on, use a lot of glue around the edges, put some one the silencer and the wood. I didn't put enough around the edges last time and I guess that water got in there and pried it off.

how thick are those silencers for the mother?

Not 100% sure how thick they are, but thick enough that I wouldn't try them on a negotiator. The negotiator has a very tight action, so if you put something on it that's designed to be put on the wide action of a Mother, I think it would destroy the action!

For sure but in reference to figuring out how thick a negotiator size would have to be. Id imagine a piece of rubber cutting mat for exacto knives might be the right thickness.

Give it a try and let us know. I will eventually get to it, but it may take a while. I am not a bait tinkerer by no means, but the negotiators would benefit greatly from silencers in my opinion.

For sure but in reference to figuring out how thick a negotiator size would have to be. Id imagine a piece of rubber cutting mat for exacto knives might be the right thickness.

Give it a try and let us know. I will eventually get to it, but it may take a while. I am not a bait tinkerer by no means, but the negotiators would benefit greatly from silencers in my opinion.

do you think silencers would help with the paint chipping near the joint?