7.78 South of Mason Dixon

andrewbee

Hey guys, 

As some of you know the Gathering was this past weekend in Lanexa Virginia.  I was fortunate enough to get time off from work and lined things up to make it a 4 night trip for myself.  Spent all day Thursday and Friday fishing the Chickahomini river, at one point I had the outboard motor running for 25 minutes and explored as much as I could; That body of water offers everything!

Friday night approaching sundown I was exhausted but knew the evening window was soon to open.  I had gotten some inside info that big fish held to submerged wood along the flats right outside of the boat launch.  I left my gas motor running and looked for areas with activity.  After I located a ripple, I realized some trees sticking out of the water near by

I WISH I remember what I was thinking about because right as I was noticing how slow The retrieval was  WAM BAM Green eggs and HAM.

7.78 lbs, No length Just all FISH...and a new PB caught on a pats crank 

FFB9137C-B6B4-49F3-8406-631403A800ED.jpeg

FFF4F7EA-5582-47EC-9FAD-134A4D256B92.jpeg

D90DE48D-CD03-4481-B48C-0E027FB20222.jpeg

7E04955C-D475-4647-9522-278BBC829844.jpeg

4 hours ago, buzzed bait said:

whoa!! congrats on that chunky PB dude!!  that place is indeed awesome and makes me want to spend a lifetime trying to figure the place out....  way to figure something out!!

Will def be headed back there before the spring... So much water to cover.....

$40/night plus $60 /day boat rental includes gas and electronic motor  you cant go wrong as an out-of-towner

On 10/14/2021 at 9:36 AM, KeepinItReelFishing said:

That's awesome dude!  Tough to find fish like that in the 'Q-borough mad thorough'!  Was that a Pat's that you got while down there?  If so...NICE pick up.

Lucky enough to say I am part of the crowd that messaged the man on this forum and he responded.  This was also when Obama was in the white house for reference of time

and thank you, you may see me up by your parts come spring.... :-D