SoCal huddleston PB- 7.4

DrewManFishing

Getting into swimbaiting this year I had one goal in mind and that was to catch a largemouth over 7 pounds. Trout got stocked for the first time this year at my local lake and I knew I had a shot at a good one. I started the day off at the same spot I caught my PB striper a few weeks ago targeting those schooling fish but I didn’t see any followers or get any bites like I did on previous trips with the deps 250, so I switched to the hudd. About 20 mins into fishing it slow on the bottom I got bit but missed him. Next cast I got bit again, lost him at the shore- was only a 2lber. Fired out another cast and got bit again, this time I saw the fish that bit my hudd. It was a giant. I think it was easily over 10, but I swung and missed him. Frustrated, I casted out in the same spot, got bit again, checked for weight and he was there so I swung for the fences. Hooked up and cranked him in. Landed this one- it wasn’t 10 but it was my Pb. 7.4 pounds, completing my goal for 2021. 

After I took some pics/ weighed her and released, I went back to the same spot. Got bit 8 more times and missed all of em. Safe to say I’m going to be BB rigging my hudds from now on. 

FAF2741C-A831-4646-813F-ADB99DFA7D0C.jpeg

95239EC9-EA1A-4404-A0F6-698AB1B67731.jpeg

Edited by DrewManFishing

37 minutes ago, Mossyback Angler said:

Congratulations, she is a beauty of a P.B . 

Nice write up too. Enjoyed reading how it all played out. I’m sure you will break that P.B in no time. 

thanks! setting the goal of 8 for next year…

• 3 weeks later...