River2sea S-waver

brooks19604

pros- cheap for the price point its unparallelled, catches fish, good quality in relation to cost.

cons- It's not a deps, gan craft, hiroshima etc....

But its a fraction of the cost and gets the job done.

+1..... well said. I have a few and they catch fish and you don't have to worry about a pike or musky biting you off. The are a great why to see if glider style baits fit your style.

I will add that once you use one of the high end gliders you won't want to use anything else. The performance of the s-waver doesn't compare to those. I still use my s-wavers when I am around a ton of pike.

pros- cheap for the price point its unparallelled, catches fish, good quality in relation to cost.

cons- It's not a deps, gan craft, hiroshima etc....

But its a fraction of the cost and gets the job done.

+2 well stated. Wish they made a bigger one.

It's an absolutely outstanding value. The only real downside is that they are a little bit uneven in quality. Some swim better than others.

I've noticed that as well. Another negative is they tend to tumble on the cast, not a dealbreaker but a little annoying. I've been fishing it for app 2 weeks and it's been sticking fish. No big ones just solid keepers.

It's an absolutely outstanding value. The only real downside is that they are a little bit uneven in quality. Some swim better than others.

I've noticed that as well. Another negative is they tend to tumble on the cast, not a dealbreaker but a little annoying. I've been fishing it for app 2 weeks and it's been sticking fish. No big ones just solid keepers.

+1 the helicopter definitely takes some distance off of the cast...

+1 - i hate that.

Threw one last night for about 45 minutes while shore fishing. Had one follower. Bait tends to go to the left farther than the right. Not a bad bait for the money and I'll definately throw it again in places that I'm likely to lose a bait but I have another glide bait that is worlds above.

Threw one last night for about 45 minutes while shore fishing. Had one follower. Bait tends to go to the left farther than the right. Not a bad bait for the money and I'll definately throw it again in places that I'm likely to lose a bait but I have another glide bait that is worlds above.

I can't speak specifically on the R2S bait, but what I've seen from glides in general... Point your rod straight back at the bait. Also, if you have current or wind, it can push the bait around or drag on the line. Don't know that it's really important though because I've caught fish while fighting all of these things. But if you're after a perfectly symmetrical glide, that's ish to pay attention to.

Also, I've yet to find a 2pc bait that doesn't want to spin on a cast.

As far as the tumbling goes the right rod can help a lot. It won't completely get rid of the tumbling but will help a lot. You don't need a heavy rod for the s waver. A good size rod with a bend all the way to the backbone of it is what you want. I throw it on a st croix mojo bass flippin stick. It's a piece of junk rod. I like it for nothing but the s waver. That's the rod for small treble hooked swimbaits casts a mile and you do not lose fish with it.

What color produces the most fish (no trout where I live)

Light trouts my favorite. A lot of guys throw that color at clear lake. No trout in there either. I really don't think it matters too much.