Storm Arashi Glide Saugeyes

whompuscat658

I went to my local spot for some bass or sauegye action. It’s only a couple miles from where I live which is awesome. After tying on a storm arashi 7.5in glide, I went to a spot that has been super productive for me in the past for multiple species. There’s a beaver dam up against the shoreline with some submerged wood about fifteen feet in front of it. I laid the bait down right on the inside of the submerged wood and slow rolled it back. On the first cast, I got nailed. And then again on the second cast. Both were solid saugeyes. 

99D99A68-2162-49E8-8060-1B383B8B3A05.png

17AE13F5-C22C-41B8-A4CD-4A66F2C62063.png

26C49242-8AB5-40B7-926F-C76165076C77.jpeg

23F7F4CD-72D3-4C5F-ABE1-DFE21E647D15.png

Edited by whompuscat658

Those are awesome. Are the fish in your spot eating large baitfish? I've got a spot where I catch good numbers of 18-24"ers and from checking stomach contents the bait is all in the 3-5" range. I once caught a 20" fish on a sly guy shiner but other than that conventional hard outfishes swimbaits here. Sometimes I wonder if there is a bigger grade of fish I'm not seeing here that is possibly eating larger bait.

32 minutes ago, Fried Lemons said:

Those are awesome. Are the fish in your spot eating large baitfish? I've got a spot where I catch good numbers of 18-24"ers and from checking stomach contents the bait is all in the 3-5" range. I once caught a 20" fish on a sly guy shiner but other than that conventional hard outfishes swimbaits here. Sometimes I wonder if there is a bigger grade of fish I'm not seeing here that is possibly eating larger bait.

There’s a good mix of a bunch of different species in there. I would think they have access to and utilize  mix of sizes and prey types including crawfish. But I bet the big predators key in on the stocker sized rainbow trout that are in the lake. They’re not too smart and probably make for a tasty, easy meal.