FS: Basically new 2021 Antares DC XG, left hand retrieve

freelancer27

HI all,

I want to offer a basically new 2021 Antares DC XG (lefty) for sale. I had bought the reel to become my new Chatterbait reel, but unfortunately after 30mins of casting with it, I realized that it was not the right reel (I bought the 2021 CC 201 instead).

Now I would like to offer this reel for sale, since I have not an empty rod where I could put it and I can not just afford to let such an expensive and nice reel sit around.

After my testing run, I send the reel (with others) to ReelEx (professional Shimano reel service) here in California, where the reel was fully serviced (picture of receipt can be send on demand).

I have the 2018 Antares DC MD and the 2021 is just way better in any regard. Smaller, Smoother, much improved tolerances and better ergonomics.  I think the 2021 DC would make an outstanding 2-5oz glide-bait reel.

Asking for $565 shipped and insured. Buyer pays Paypal fees or does F&F.

Please let me know if you have any questions

20211204_114846.jpg

13 hours ago, nightbite said:

why would you get it serviced if you only fished it once???

I sent a couple of Shimanos (2021 conquests) to ReelEx. He mentioned that some of the X ship bearings where not oiled correctly and damaged. In order to ensure that the Antares was top notch I send it in as well, where it was diagnosed that some of  bearings were not oiled enough (most JDM reels come rather dry)  so i asked to swap all bearings as part of the service to ensure that this reel is absolutely mint. 

I rarher take a loss on a reel than selling something that is flawed. 

Now the reel is cosmetically 10/10 and mechanically 11/10.