Mend It, what am I doing wrong?

vikingbear8

So one of my 8" mission fish had a cut towards the end of the tail. I figured this would be a perfect job for my mend it which I have only been able to use 2 other times on extremely small jobs. As soon as the brush touched the plastic is ate through the rest of the way and the cut became a complete sever. I know the product melts plastic so i was not worried about it and figured i would reattach when pressed back together with the glue on. Well it won't. I have tried putting the glue on just one side, both sides, and also hold them together and run the brush along the edge of the sever, nothing is working. What am I doing wrong here? Thanks

I had the same issue on some baits with Mend-It, sometimes its a miracle or disaster. after applying I try to hold it there for 30 sec, and it will get sticky and thats the extra soft plastic that it adds and works great when correctly applied.

Lately I've been using "ProWeld Wormizer" I got from Don Iovino and it works great for remelting the plastic, or however you can use a hot butterknife. 3:16 Softbait glue seems to me working great for me. And Pro soft bait glue is way to runny.

I prefer huddle-bond for my #1 glue, second would be 3;16 soft bait glue.

Most all those glues will cut a bait if you let them it's important to insert and close the cut IMMEDIATELY.

Never really been a fan of mend it at all, dries out too quick and doesnt bond as well as the others...

+2, I thought they were all the same, but 3:16 seems to be better than Mend It. I am still using up my last bottle of Mend It and the same has happened to me, but it glued right back, just had to hold it for a while.

Same here. I've always just assumed the Huddleston and 3:16 glues were just bottles of Mend-It that they bought and stuck their own labels on.

I've used Zap A Gap a bit too but that's an actual glue. It is too runny and I think I prefer the Mend It style of glue better.