LDC custom heavy

eastcoastswimbait

this rod is perfect for 2 to 3 once baits it is light yet durable and sensitive . The rod has a ton of back bone and just has enough tip to keep the fish pined I have pared up with a curado 300e and 65 lb power pro if your looking for your first swimbait set up or your next look no farther then the LDC custom heavy

Interested in hearing more about this rod. From the short time that I used one, I liked it. Seems to be an in between rod for small baits and big baits - real versatile and fun to fish with.

Interested in hearing more about this rod. From the short time that I used one, I liked it. Seems to be an in between rod for small baits and big baits - real versatile and fun to fish with.

I agree, it's a versatile rod than can cover a good mid range of baits. IMO it's best suited for mid 4oz treble baits down to 2oz with clear line. With braid, I used jig hook hudds this winter and didn't have any issues sticking fish from a distance. I'm not sure I would feel that confident using copoly, though.

I got the H for throwing 8" fs trout and 8"fs bass mostly! Pretty much exactly what I was thinking there.

I agree, it's a versatile rod than can cover a good mid range of baits. IMO it's best suited for mid 4oz treble baits down to 2oz with clear line. With braid, I used jig hook hudds this winter and didn't have any issues sticking fish from a distance. I'm not sure I would feel that confident using copoly, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive got an LDC custom heavy as well and love it. Ive thrown baits up to 7 oz and it handles it just fine. I usually stay within the 2-5 oz range with it but like I said, it can handle a bit heavier. Ben makes an awesome rod and I cant wait to have my custom xxh built. LDC all the way man!