Glidebait snook

FLsharkman

My only swimbait rod is a heavy Daiwa DXSB and I know that you typically want a more parabolic rod to keep treble hooks in a fish's mouth but that isn't an option. Is there any way for me to fish glidebaits with this rod and 50 lb braid? I am building the baits myself so if anyone has any ideas for that then I'll try it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/30/2021 at 9:22 PM, FLsharkman said:

My only swimbait rod is a heavy Daiwa DXSB and I know that you typically want a more parabolic rod to keep treble hooks in a fish's mouth but that isn't an option. Is there any way for me to fish glidebaits with this rod and 50 lb braid? I am building the baits myself so if anyone has any ideas for that then I'll try it.

Learn to tie a leader with an FG knot and use one that is long and stretchy. It won't be perfect with a fast rod but it will help to get some stretch into your line to lure system and should keep you from pulling and or bending out trebles. Also remember that you always want to use as light of a treble as you can get away with to improve bait action, hook ups, and make your bait look more realistic because huge hooks aren't hanging off of the back.

On 12/31/2021 at 12:22 AM, FLsharkman said:

I use the same rod and have no problem keeping snook pinned or flipping them either.