'21 recap (warning it's long)

CG_Fishes

5 minutes ago, FishDr said:

Awesome write-up and definitely an amazing year.  But I do have one question - shorts, in a kayak, when the lake is still half frozen???

I suspect that '22 is going to be a banner year for you, just as '21 was.  With the big walleye, remember that late winter and early spring is prime for the biggest fish, so if you've found spots where you have decent fish in evidence, revisit them in February/March/April for sure.  On one of those walleye strikes you're going to get a hit, set the hook, and nothing is going to move - and then you'll feel deep, heavy head shakes.  It'll be party time for sure!

It was in the high 70s that day hahaha, the ice receeded back almost 20ft in the 3 hours I was there. I do think that without context the pics are questionable. As for the Walleye, I'll be at school around that time so the odds of me getting out are low unfortunately. As well as the fact that our season closes in mid March, usually only giving us a week or two after ice out