Nameless Rods Full Reviews-Line Up

chefchris

So I’ve got the funds secured finally for one of these bad boys. Main baits I will be throwing at the Mothership, XL zombie, and Andromeda. My question is is there much difference in casting between the 808 and 868? I’m not the biggest fan of rods over 8 feet. I know @chefchrismentioned the 808 being more of a true moderate and the 868 a moderate fast. If you prefer one over the other for baits like this I’d love to hear your reason why. 

2 hours ago, Habitual_lip_ripper said:

So I’ve got the funds secured finally for one of these bad boys. Main baits I will be throwing at the Mothership, XL zombie, and Andromeda. My question is is there much difference in casting between the 808 and 868? I’m not the biggest fan of rods over 8 feet. I know @chefchrismentioned the 808 being more of a true moderate and the 868 a moderate fast. If you prefer one over the other for baits like this I’d love to hear your reason why. 

not really that much difference honestly, i feel i get a little more distance with the 868 but i usually have both in the boat at the same time, the 808 does all the same baits without the added length, both great rods. I like the 868 on my big boat but typically go with 808 in the crawdad, plus the 868 is crazy $$$ to ship being over size where the 808 is standard shipping price