Klash 9 Recommended Lips, Tails And Modes

Glidepride

Hello SU,

Ive been taking interest in the Klash 9 recently, due to the bait being more readily available. Man it took a while! But now that I have a few in my arsenal its time to figure the bait out. There seams to be a lot of videos showing the different lips, tails and modes. I can see what I think will work but I thought I might reach out to the SU family to see what the most productive setup is. Im very curious what everyone is throwing.

Please explain what lip, tail, mode, custom paint, rod, reel, line, hooks and terminal tackle, you're catching them on. Pictures would be very much appreciated.

As always thank you for your time SU

Glidepride

Edited by Glidepride
After thought

12 minutes ago, chefchris said:

Dude check out the article by @rustnroll 

probably the most in depth article ever written on the k9

https://jdmfishing.com/the-klash9/

Thank you so much for the article! But I'm still very interested in seeing and hearing about everyone's results along with their preference.

Please share.

Depends where you’re fishing. I usually fish it around structure lip out mode B and walk the dog as close as I can to cover. Fishing a lil deeper I put in the stock lip and put the tail in mode A. Crank it down a lil then start the dead walk motion

Just now, BayAreaAngler said:

Depends where you’re fishing. I usually fish it around structure lip out mode B and walk the dog as close as I can to cover. Fishing a lil deeper I put in the stock lip and put the tail in mode A. Crank it down a lil then start the dead walk motion

Do you fish the bait with stock hardware? Any pictures with your results?

8 minutes ago, Glidepride said:

Do you fish the bait with stock hardware? Any pictures with your results?

Yea for the most part stock parts. I haven’t had issues with hooks or anything so far but this is my first year throwing DRTs. Also I fish the TK more than K9, so I don’t have many pics yet. This will be my year though 

Trying not to complicate things here, but DRT’s new post has me intrigued. The “Glide9” tune looks crazy with the wire, weights etc. Amazing how meticulous and crafty they are overseas. Maybe somebody can try to translate it so we can try to implement it? But, to answer the question my most successful mode has definitely been the Glide mode B, tail down, no lip. I have had some decent fish on the YTMK mode (roll lip, v tail)

21 minutes ago, Loudsplashbassn_ said:

Haven't fished my K9 much but watched a Ton Of the JDM Videos and Mode B seems to be the most used Mode . 

Id have to agree from what Ive seen so far. With so many options of lips Im very curious about the joker wide lip getting the bait down to 9' or even the roll lip. Im sure the SU folks have some results with these.

3 minutes ago, Kevinzap said:

Trying not to complicate things here, but DRT’s new post has me intrigued. The “Glide9” tune looks crazy with the wire, weights etc. Amazing how meticulous and crafty they are overseas. Maybe somebody can try to translate it so we can try to implement it? But, to answer the question my most successful mode has definitely been the Glide mode B, tail down, no lip. I have had some decent fish on the YTMK mode (roll lip, v tail)

Could you be so kind as to post the link for everyone to see?

54 minutes ago, Glidepride said:

Id have to agree from what Ive seen so far. With so many options of lips Im very curious about the joker wide lip getting the bait down to 9' or even the roll lip. Im sure the SU folks have some results with these.

I’ve fished all 3 of the K9 Lips and my favorite is either the roll lip or the regular stock lip. The roll lip has a tighter wiggle/more body roll while the stock lip has a more traditional wide wobbling crankbait style action. The wide lip however is very tiresome to fish and the action is an exaggerated wide wobble. In my experience, it’s too tiresome for it to be practical for me because of the amount of water it pushes, it puts a lot of strain on your wrist when your cranking it. 

9 hours ago, Kevinzap said:

I’ve fished all 3 of the K9 Lips and my favorite is either the roll lip or the regular stock lip. The roll lip has a tighter wiggle/more body roll while the stock lip has a more traditional wide wobbling crankbait style action. The wide lip however is very tiresome to fish and the action is an exaggerated wide wobble. In my experience, it’s too tiresome for it to be practical for me because of the amount of water it pushes, it puts a lot of strain on your wrist when your cranking it. 

That's a very interesting point. Just like a deep diver requiring a low gear ratio reel, the wide lip would require a totally diffent setup. 

The roll lips subtle side to side wobble  looks like a bass catcher. While many bass love a lot of action the big girls always seem to go for the slow easy Target.

18 hours ago, Kevinzap said:

Can you post a link for the “ Glide9 “ info. I couldn’t find anything.