Contacts in Japan

BPayne

This may be quite a stretch, but does anyone have contacts in Japan for fishing gear?  I am fortunate enough to travel to Japan at least 4-5 times a year with my job and I would love to bring some stuff back with me.  The pandemic has made getting out and about during my visits there a bit difficult, but if the stars could somehow align, or if restrictions ease up a bit, I think it would be pretty rad to bring back some legit JDM only fishing tackle/gear.  

I go to Japan ever so often for work. However recently with everything going on I tend to not want to go, although the way they handle their guidelines are amazing. I tend to use Yahoo Auctions when I do go and I've gotten steals like many trout and BB 250's for less than $130. I find that DRT tk and K9's are always at pretty good prices around 90-105 USD. Guys even have Hinkles and they love American made lures and soft plastics they can't get and they will often trade good stuff for it. So every time I go I bring American made soft plastics and hard lures. 

You know, I’m going to admit something.  I feel incredibly dumb for not thinking about this before now.  I’m usually just doing touristy stuff and chasing down my next meal.  Next time I have a trip to Japan on the books, I will look at the maps local to where I will be and see what’s around there.  I usually rotate between three different locales, so there has got to be something!  Thanks guys!

3 hours ago, BPayne said:

You know, I’m going to admit something.  I feel incredibly dumb for not thinking about this before now.  I’m usually just doing touristy stuff and chasing down my next meal.  Next time I have a trip to Japan on the books, I will look at the maps local to where I will be and see what’s around there.  I usually rotate between three different locales, so there has got to be something!  Thanks guys!

Shibuya I believe have 3 tackle shops within walking distance from one another when I went there in 2016 (Sansuu, Tackle Berry, and Joshuya?). 

3 hours ago, Morph808 said:

Shibuya I believe have 3 tackle shops within walking distance from one another when I went there in 2016 (Sansuu, Tackle Berry, and Joshuya?). 

I’ve never been to Shibuya.  Only Osaka, Misawa, and Okinawa.  I will look in those cities next time I go!

i went to a lot of shops around tokyo, the tackleberry shops are awesome because of all the used gear they have to check out...  the joshuya shop in Shibuya (which is in Tokyo) was pretty awesome.  

In Osaka i was lucky enough to meet up with a guy named Hisashi Maeda that owns a little tackle shop and he took me around a few places in Osaka.  The best one was a shop called Ichiban Eight, it was the biggest shop i went into and they had everything in there!  I'll post some pics below, some shops didn't want me to take pics, but some were okay with it...

@buzzed bait You’re the real MVP!  That’s awesome bro!  At the same time, I’m kicking myself even more for all of the times I’ve been without thinking of this sooner!  I’m on a mission now.  Now I just have to wait for the next rotation over there and hope the boss man sends me!

2 hours ago, BPayne said:

@buzzed bait You’re the real MVP!  That’s awesome bro!  At the same time, I’m kicking myself even more for all of the times I’ve been without thinking of this sooner!  I’m on a mission now.  Now I just have to wait for the next rotation over there and hope the boss man sends me!

Dude my wife wanted to hang me for all the shops I drug her into… We even spent Christmas Eve hopping around the tackle shops in Osaka, she’s the real MVP!!

29 minutes ago, buzzed bait said:

Dude my wife wanted to hang me for all the shops I drug her into… We even spent Christmas Eve hopping around the tackle shops in Osaka, she’s the real MVP!!

My wife wants to go with me on my trips so bad.  I feel like she may start singing a different tune after a day of shopping fishing gear haha!