3:16 Soft Bluegill

SwimbaitsatLMV

The picture of the bait has the hook in it, just got to look carefully 8-)

Ha! Of course. I'm a tard.

Thanks for the RIDICULOUSLY fast response. :o

When you crimp the 7strand on it, I take it doesn't slide up the line anymore when you hook a fish?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I read your posts and copied your rig or "stole" your rig and stuck a tube through the middle of the bait like the mission fish. That way the line can run through it. So pretty much I stole two ideas :oops:

I'll post pics of it later tonight when I get home from work. Have not had the chance to test, since I just did it last night, but hopefully someone who has unfrozen lakes can try it and test it. :D

Used a tiny bit of 3:16 glue to hold the tube in place. Probably make another order for some more bluegills/softbaits. No bull frog is on that list for sure.

Nice video luke...

Cool Mod Damian... does it affect the swim at all? how about tearing? I would try that mode for sure.. maybe take on of the extra line through tubes from the top hook rising son and use that to make the run up to the dorsal fin..

When I first got this lure I was torn. I loved the profile, looks and colors of the soft gills, but I knew I wasn't going to be able to fish it the way I wanted to. The bait is a line through swimbait with a bottom hanging treble. I really wanted it to be weedless so I could fish it through the grass, trees, stumps, cattails, without hanging to worry about getting snagged.

So heres what I did, I have test swam the lure it swims great, you can burn it and won't roll over, it falls nose down and rest flat on the bottom you can twitch it and doesn't fall over. I don't know about the hook up rate yet, but will follow up on that this spring.

post-1021-14252985853489_thumb.jpg

post-1021-14252985853731_thumb.jpg

post-1021-14252985853996_thumb.jpg

post-1021-14252985854279_thumb.jpg

post-1021-14252985854862_thumb.jpg

post-1021-14252985855052_thumb.jpg

post-1021-14252985855238_thumb.jpg