Lake Chabot 19 lb bass caught

nadinesmom

I caught my first bass on that lake, the island in the middle of lake chabot when the docks was there in the summer the bass would stay under the dock. Lots of big bass but not easy to catch. ALSO a couple years ago a 16 lb bass also came out of there. IT doesn't surprise me that a fish that size is there they plant so much trout there when I grew up there and the bass pressure is low because you have to rent a boat.

16# was caught and released at Contra Loma recently as well..just under that lake record..Chabot and Loma are about 45 min apart and are not big reservoirs that have suffered severely from drought over the years..yet both are stocked with trout all winter and have beasts..have seen schools of 5-8# lmb cruising and have seen 8# rainbows come out of there. Put in work and you'll be rewarded..these tiny bay area reservoirs have monsters!

Edited by BigSlant

Delta record if I remember is 18 something, so that might be the largest, can't think of a bigger bass than that, I know a 18 lb in the tri valley area was caught years ago. I'm just talking about Nor Cals biggest fish

Edited by R8R

I'm only talking about Northern California, I am aware of the bass from socal and I am also aware of George Perrys 22. I was curious if the delta had a bigger bass caught than anywhere in NORCAL. If that makes sense.