Could it be....another DD?!?

Jfish

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it the....lucky hud? That thing is a pig for sure. better look out jfish is on fire rolling into the Irvine tourney. :shock:

Nice fish buddy

Irvine ain't no park lake! Ask Ben, he's gotta practically beat me with a custom rod to keep me from burning shoreline :lol:

Geoff

Was it the....lucky hud? That thing is a pig for sure. better look out jfish is on fire rolling into the Irvine tourney. :shock:

Nice fish buddy

Irvine ain't no park lake! Ask Ben, he's gotta practically beat me with a custom rod to keep me from burning shoreline :lol:

Geoff

:lol: think I have work. Will have to check. if not I will be from shore.

Nice fish buddy

Nope, I pulled that one out of rotation-out of respect. Perhaps I'll save it for the tourney :twisted: New hudd in regular rainbow just did the gills and flared out the fins and popped on some new eyes. The only problem is that when you flare out the fins they tend to rip and come off when its halfway down a big fishes mouth getting thrashed around. Need to find a way to reinforce them because I do like how they move with the speed of the bait. Pushes a little more water too....who knows.

I've never fished Irvine so I don't have any grand expectations but I'm familiar with fishing big water and looking forward to having some fun and hopefully sticking a few fish. I'll certainly give it my best effort.

Impressive!!! Hot streak for sure.

. Need to find a way to reinforce them because I do like how they move with the speed of the bait. .

You can push a piece of white pipe cleaner behind the fin and glue it in for strength, but then you won't get that wiggle anymore.

Maybe it doesn't matter to you, but I say you got to get yourself in those pictures!!! Makes for much better memories...

Impressive!!! Hot streak for sure.
. Need to find a way to reinforce them because I do like how they move with the speed of the bait. .

You can push a piece of white pipe cleaner behind the fin and glue it in for strength, but then you won't get that wiggle anymore.

Maybe it doesn't matter to you, but I say you got to get yourself in those pictures!!! Makes for much better memories...

I think the pipe cleaners a good idea, might do a variation on your idea that still allows for some movement. Part of the reason I don't take pics of me holding the fish is to conceal the background. Guys that are familiar will know the pond but usually not the exact spot and these bites are so specific sometimes that I can't afford to just give it away. I'll try to get more creative in the future with the pics. Just happy to get em' to be honest.

JK

Nice fish buddy

Nope, I pulled that one out of rotation-out of respect. Perhaps I'll save it for the tourney :twisted: New hudd in regular rainbow just did the gills and flared out the fins and popped on some new eyes. The only problem is that when you flare out the fins they tend to rip and come off when its halfway down a big fishes mouth getting thrashed around. Need to find a way to reinforce them because I do like how they move with the speed of the bait. Pushes a little more water too....who knows.

I've never fished Irvine so I don't have any grand expectations but I'm familiar with fishing big water and looking forward to having some fun and hopefully sticking a few fish. I'll certainly give it my best effort.

I made a big rookie mistake. The same Hudd caught my 7.9, 9.3, and 9.10, and I lost it a while ago. It had some serious mojo going. The one that caught my 10.3 - gone as well, to a stupid dock at a stupid lake I wasn't even really trying to catch fish at.

From now on when a Hudd is deemed "lucky" or has good mojo, it's being pulled for a while.