3:16 Rising Son.

Luke V.

I bought a handful of these early this year, didn't get to trying one out till tonight. Absolutely killed them on this bait right before dark. Had a half dozen 2-3lbrs take a baby bass colored one. The line though really helps when fighting the fish. Lots of fun to fish this bait, wish I didn't wait so long to fish it. I'll definitely be putting more time in on this ain't in the near future.

Anyone ever night fish with them? What colors?

Great review Luke!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What colors?

At night, my best producing colors are bluegill, and black. With some success with the baitfish pattern. As many have said, at night the profile/silhouette of the bait is more important than the color.

Keep fishing the rising son, it's an awesome bait.

What colors?

At night, my best producing colors are bluegill, and black. With some success with the baitfish pattern. As many have said, at night the profile/silhouette of the bait is more important than the color.

Keep fishing the rising son, it's an awesome bait.

Same with me minus the bait fish, but I plan to try it and sissy after dark..... 8-)

• 4 months later...

Lately I have been buying the bottom hook rising son and modifying it myself into a top hook version. This way I have the lighter weight of the bottom hook but the option to fish it either top or bottom hook. I feel like the bottom hook is the more versatile option because of its lesser weight than that of the top hook. This means I can fish it slow and keep it higher in the water column than the regular top hook. This is a good characteristic because the lake I fish had lots of nasty weeds. Also I can add nail weights if needed to get the bait to run a little deeper and having the option of having the hook on the top or bottom is an added plus. Just a thought.

That is the exact reason Mickey made the top hook. Guys were adding weights and modding to top hook to fish it on the bottom.

I prefer the bottom hook for most months, but come Nov-Feb I fish the top hook close to the bottom.

That is the exact reason Mickey made the top hook. Guys were adding weights and modding to top hook to fish it on the bottom.

I prefer the bottom hook for most months, but come Nov-Feb I fish the top hook close to the bottom.

Right Luke, but now I can fish the RS with the weight of a bottom hook but have a top hook setup. That was my main point. I do this so I'm not snagging a ton of weeds or stuff near docks. The lighter weight helps the bait stay a little higher while going slow.

• 2 weeks later...
I bought a handful of these early this year, didn't get to trying one out till tonight. Absolutely killed them on this bait right before dark. Had a half dozen 2-3lbrs take a baby bass colored one. The line though really helps when fighting the fish. Lots of fun to fish this bait, wish I didn't wait so long to fish it. I'll definitely be putting more time in on this ain't in the near future.

Anyone ever night fish with them? What colors?

Great review Luke!

Black with a chartruse tail is a good one

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

The top hook 8 inch in dark hitch is working very well in the high pressured lakes around here. I fish it very similar to a hudd, but find in the warmer weather the faster tail of the Rising son gets more interest in the fish, especially in stained water.