Mattlures Slash Gill

aholodnick

1 hour ago, SVT THUNDER said:

I’ve never seen a swim video. But the last comment in this thread pretty much sums up the action. 

https://swimbaitunderground.com/forums/index.php?/topic/64531-mattlures-slash-gill/

Yeah I saw that thread awhile back. I'm wanting a bait to work really tight to docks to where the bait is basically walking back and forth on itself. Almost like a K9 but in a big gill profile.

45 minutes ago, aholodnick said:

Yeah I saw that thread awhile back. I'm wanting a bait to work really tight to docks to where the bait is basically walking back and forth on itself. Almost like a K9 but in a big gill profile.

I have a big gill glide that will do that. But they are no longer made. I believe the name was Leader Elite or Something similar to that. Absolutely love this bait. 8” and 6oz or so. Biggest they made. Owned it for years. Would be well worth looking for one in my opinion.

BC9269B9-88ED-4206-AB87-9E532DA4BB2C.jpeg

On 2/20/2022 at 10:03 PM, SVT THUNDER said:

I have a big gill glide that will do that. But they are no longer made. I believe the name was Leader Elite or Something similar to that. Absolutely love this bait. 8” and 6oz or so. Biggest they made. Owned it for years. Would be well worth looking for one in my opinion.

BC9269B9-88ED-4206-AB87-9E532DA4BB2C.jpeg

I have one of those 8" models.....they are damn cool. I remember Butch Brown posting a picture of 3 or 4 that he got when Rick introduced it.  Although, my favorite is his 7" model.  Thus far my favorite bluegill single joint/glide bait.  Swim and appearance in water are SPOT on.  Most of all, I love how almost no one talk about Rick's offerings.  

2 hours ago, KeepinItReelFishing said:

Thus far my favorite bluegill single joint/glide bait.

100% with you on that. I’ve found myself staring at the bait as I work it thinking it looks so real in the water. Definitely a bait that you don’t see or even hear about much. 

I believe the Slash Gill is just the two piece Hardgill. I may be wrong though. Jason at Swimbait Reviews has a swim video of it on IG and YouTube. 

Okay yeah I’m definitely wrong. Ignore what I said lol. 

Edited by DerelictFishing34