Most expensive lure you break off

BigBassLife133

Fish30 Acre Glide Shad. Water was really cold so it sank faster than usual. Got buried in the rocks. It wasnt that far out so i put on my waders to try to retrieve it but it wouldnt budge. If the water was warmer i would have swam for it.

So about a year ago I was fishing a Deps 250 that I got on here, BB tuned, and I get snagged on a sunken tree. This place has LARGE gators, so I chalk it up as a loss. Sucks but not gonna die over it. Jump ahead 6 months.. I am fishing that very same spot and wouldnt you know it, there's the 250, sitting on the bank. Dirty as can be, but fully intact. I was sooo stoked. I took it home. Cleaned it up and KNEW it was gonna catch me a giant. 

So today, I was fishing with the very same 250, when all of the sudden.. BOOOM!!! From the sky drops an Osprey. It dives into the water and grabs the 250. I let the line go slack for fear that I might hook the bird and it takes off flying. Unfortunately, I wasnt fast enought to cut the line and it went tight and snagged the birds leg... It starts freaking out and comes crashing down on the ground next to me. So i start over to it, not know what to do and all of the sudden... BOOOM!! a second Osprey swoops down and tries snagging the bait from the caught bird. Both birds take off high into the air over the water and get locked in a weird spiral of feathers and talons... Eventually one let go but they both flew off together, one hooked and one trying to get the bait. 

WILD STUFF... I guess that lure wasnt meant to be mine. :) Really hope the birds make it out ok. If you're in the Myrtle Beach area of SC and you find a Deps with a severed bird leg attached..... It wasnt me :)

3 hours ago, Ipleadthefish2 said:

So about a year ago I was fishing a Deps 250 that I got on here, BB tuned, and I get snagged on a sunken tree. This place has LARGE gators, so I chalk it up as a loss. Sucks but not gonna die over it. Jump ahead 6 months.. I am fishing that very same spot and wouldnt you know it, there's the 250, sitting on the bank. Dirty as can be, but fully intact. I was sooo stoked. I took it home. Cleaned it up and KNEW it was gonna catch me a giant. 

So today, I was fishing with the very same 250, when all of the sudden.. BOOOM!!! From the sky drops an Osprey. It dives into the water and grabs the 250. I let the line go slack for fear that I might hook the bird and it takes off flying. Unfortunately, I wasnt fast enought to cut the line and it went tight and snagged the birds leg... It starts freaking out and comes crashing down on the ground next to me. So i start over to it, not know what to do and all of the sudden... BOOOM!! a second Osprey swoops down and tries snagging the bait from the caught bird. Both birds take off high into the air over the water and get locked in a weird spiral of feathers and talons... Eventually one let go but they both flew off together, one hooked and one trying to get the bait. 

WILD STUFF... I guess that lure wasnt meant to be mine. :) Really hope the birds make it out ok. If you're in the Myrtle Beach area of SC and you find a Deps with a severed bird leg attached..... It wasnt me :)

Thats insane

what are the odds?!

Edited by BigBassLife133