Hey guys who are new to throwing big baits...

Facepunch

I've been seeing some new names popping up lately. Tell us a little bit about yourself, how you've been doing so far throwing the big baits, what rod/reel you are using, and what baits you've got so far. I've got an F-18 in carp that I'm not using that I'll donate to the person with the best post.

Hello, my name is Tony and I have become quite the bait "Not Allowed" in the last 3 months. My name has been riddled all over the BM and I can't seem to stop! Someone please help me! :lol::D:mrgreen:

Hi David! Keep coming back it works! :lol:

My name is Hayes Anderson and I've been fishing for some 30+ years but this is the first year I've been even remotely serious about swimbaits. About 10 years ago I picked up a few bags of Storm swimbaits but lost interest in them pretty quickly. I honestly don't know what tipped the scale for me to get serious about swimbaits. One thing for sure I really enjoy it. For some reason the getting skunked while I'm at it doesn't bother me too much either. I can't say it's maturity either because I don't subscribe to the I'm just glad to be on the water bull$#!+ I'm out there to catch fish period end of discussion. If I want a sunburn and to be eaten alive by mosquitoes I'll mow my yard. I do go to get away from life and people and for the most part like to fish alone. Although I have friends I fish with and wouldn't trade that time for anything in the world. Another thing about swimbait fishing; every time I go out I expect a new personal best and truly believe it will happen with a swimbait of some sort. About 10 days ago I got my first fish on a bait I consider a big bait and without knowing its weight I can say with absolute confidence it was my best fish in two years.

I've been seeing some new names popping up lately. Tell us a little bit about yourself, how you've been doing so far throwing the big baits, what rod/reel you are using, and what baits you've got so far. I've got an F-18 in carp that I'm not using that I'll donate to the person with the best post.

You know you want to hook up a local. We need to get up and smack some smallies in Liberty. Bring that carp up here and get to it.

Haha...these guys are too funny! Idk if I would still be a noob or not. Got a handful of decent baits, but no glides. Honestly, I was thinking if I was gonna try a glide it would be the F-18. Kinda interested in what the big deal is. I feel like they are just the new big thing. Remember a few months ago when everyone NEEDED a Matt's Deadtwitch? That died out pretty fast.

Anyway...Im using an Abu 6500 paired with an older Shimano Crucial I got off Dan this winter. This has really been my first year throwing bigger baits seriously. Got my first hudd, possum, and punker fish this year. Even got a tourney hudd fish last week! So I supposed if you decided to send me the F-18 I would have to do some research on how to fish them :lol:

Hi im Fuji i've been conventional bass fishing free for 1 year and going. Setup is Dobyns 807 curado 301e and Dobyns 766 curado 201 e. Current line up 250 ss biwa, og wake trout, bullshad 9in, 2 esdrive, 1 huddlejack, 1 decoy, 175 sk, and what couldve been 2 f18 kok and shad that jfish took my money for and never sent. Lol :lol::lol::x

Hi my name is anthony I've been bass fishing for about 3 years now. I recently stumbled across this forum and got addicted to reading about all these big fish and sick looking baits. The rod I currently use is a 7'6 H Abu Garcia Veritas with a shimano citica. I just got my first swim bait a baby deps slide swimmer and I'm working on making a rat. I plan on buying some new baits and a new swim bait setup in the near future.

Mossy, the S Waver and Gan Craft 178 are good baits. Everyone should have at least one glide in their box.

People don't take the S-Waver seriously because it's not expensive, but it's a solid bait.

Catches big river trout also..wish they would make a bigger size.

I never did an official intro so I guess this is a good place for it. Matthew Brannon here, 36yo Coast Guard Electronics Technician, husband, and father of two boys. I've lived all over the US and have bass fished for the last 28 years or so. My father was an old school tournament junky with a lot of history in San Diego, Mississippi, Alabama, and South Carolina. I was raised around quite a few bass clubs and the old Red Man circuit.

I got into kayak bass fishing a year and a half ago and placed eight in last springs televised Kayak Bass Fishing Invitational. I got into swim baits this past March when I was living in Jacksonville Florida, and have been buying up stock ever since. Just made the move last week to Petaluma California and hit the water out here for the first time this morning at Lake Berryessa. No luck on the big baits but I managed a couple largemouth and smallmouth on conventional tackle. I'm looking forward to getting some time on that lake at night!!!

The following is a partial list of what I've gotten so far:

Dobyns 795 SBMT

Curado 300DSV

Shimano Terremar 7'6" (replacing soon with ?)

Calcutta 400B

4- 8" weedless Hudds

5- 6" weedless Hudds

3- 68 Hudds

2- 8" standard Hudds

5- 6" standard Hudds

2- 3:16 Wake Jrs

1- 3:16 Baby wake

1- 6" injected Punker

1- 6" wood Punker

1- 9" Slammer

2- 168 R2S S waiver

4- Mattlures U2 Gills

Obviously I'm a little addicted! Glad to be here and hope to have something to share in the future!

I'm not a full time swimbaiter but I've been throwing them a bit this year.

I'm in So Cal but stubborn and dislike crowds so I avoid the popular places and fish a windy dusty old lake most of the time.

When it comes to swimbaiting, the 6" Hudd is the only thing that seems to get bit for me at that lake.

I've been throwing the Jointed Claw a bit there but haven't had a bite or a follow.

Cat tails are my worst enemy. I've lost quite a few baits to them. It doesn't make much sense but it has happened quite a bit. Fishing at night, from shore, can mean a lot of lost baits I guess...

My name is Dan. I'm new to SU and Swimbaiting. I live in Central New York and fish mostly Oneida Lake, 1000 Islands, Eastern Basin Lake Ontario and other waters in between either out of my Pro Craft bass boat or my Native Ultimate Kayak. I'm into all aspects of fishing. I got into the tournament thing for a while, which was fun, but that's an expensive hobby. I still fish a tourney mow and then with my club (SCBM) as a nonboater when I have time. I have been fascinated with Swimbaits since I read an article in In Fisherman back in the mid '90s about Slammers and AC plugs. My first Swimbait was an Arbogast AC Plug that I threw once and it sat cause I didn't have a rod big enough for it(still have it). In the last few years I slowly got back into the big bait thing and have been gathering baits and gear to start swimbaiting seriously. I been catching fish on smaller baits like: Hudd shads, BBZ shads, Lucky craft California's 110, and RC wake baits. I want to graduate to the bigger baits. Been trying to add to the Arsenal when I can on the BM. Still trying to figure out pricing of good used baits. It seems that certain baits are trading like commodities. As a newb, you don't want to overpay for a bait but you don't want to offend the seller either.

Gear I have so far:

Dobyns 806ML w/ Lexa 300

Matt Hard Perch, Hard Bass, Hard Gill, Strong Bass

Hudd 68's in Perch and Green Back

Wake Jr. in Shad and Brown trout

I'm also into fly fishing for trout and carp. My two favorite ways of fishing are Dry Flies for trout and punching matts for LM. Soon Swimbaiting should take the top spot.