FS Trout Floater (bait profile)

Top Ramen

Sean and I are putting together some footage of various baits filmed at different retrieve speeds/styles so people can get a better feel for what the bait does before they drop the money on one.

Nothing fancy, just the bait doing what it does. Here's the floating Freestyle Trout:

Top Ramen,

terrific vids,thanks for posting. makes me want every single bait,if only it were that easy. hope you don't mind me suggesting something. could you also post what equipment (line,rod,and reel) you're throwing these baits on. it would give a great guideline as to what is needed to achieve the action shown in your sweet vids. thanks again for posting.

regards,

Casca

could you also post what equipment (line,rod,and reel) you're throwing these baits on. it would give a great guideline as to what is needed to achieve the action shown in your sweet vids.

Sean would have to post this up; he did most of the casting while I was filming and I don't remember the specifics of the gear he was using.

Top Ramen,

terrific vids,thanks for posting. makes me want every single bait,if only it were that easy. hope you don't mind me suggesting something. could you also post what equipment (line,rod,and reel) you're throwing these baits on. it would give a great guideline as to what is needed to achieve the action shown in your sweet vids. thanks again for posting.

regards,

Casca

Casca, for the 4oz baits we're using the LDC production and custom Heavy, and the Dobyns 807. I believe the reels used were the Curado 300E and Calcutta 300D with 25# P-line PF on both. I have thrown these baits on other setups, and I feel the action is not impeded much based on rods and line. As long as you are comfortable with how the rod/line cast, the action of the bait shouldn't be a problem ;)

Top Ramen,

regards,

Casca

Casca, for the 4oz baits we're using the LDC production and custom Heavy, and the Dobyns 807. I believe the reels used were the Curado 300E and Calcutta 300D with 25# P-line PF on both. I have thrown these baits on other setups, and I feel the action is not impeded much based on rods and line. As long as you are comfortable with how the rod/line cast, the action of the bait shouldn't be a problem ;)

SeanM,

Thank you so much for the additional info.,it will certainly help in regards to throwing those baits. thanks for taking the time.

regards,

Casca