Got Scammed - Heads up to Forum

captainhookset

This guy took my money and never logged back in. All the usual excuses - his wife shipped the wrong package, he's been working 14 hour days/7 days a week, he doesn't have PayPal he uses his friends, his CC won't let him add it to PP so he can't refund me, he's going to mail me the cash to make it right...bla bla bla. Hard to believe in 2022 you can't just go on SU on your cellphone to update someone on a transaction...

I was able to get his cell phone from someone on the forum - otherwise he never would have bothered to reach out to me. 

Ill spare everyone the two weeks of back and forth, here's the start and end. March 27th I paid, April 18th I wrote it off as a loss.

He had five good feedbacks so I just assume he's caught up in something, which I totally get. But that's not an excuse to ghost me and keep my money. Just wanted to let the forum know to proceed with caution if he resurfaces.

@swimbaitunderground

Screenshot_20220419-112124.png

Screenshot_20220418-160736~2.png

Screenshot_20220419-112801.png

10 minutes ago, bassbass said:

Hopefully he sent the money to you as noted and all would be good. If not sorry you lost the money.

His last message said he was heading to the post office and would send tracking...I'm still waiting on those digits lol

If he makes it right I'll be sure to let everyone know.

16 minutes ago, bigbass45 said:

Same member took money from me last month. It was only $35 but it was basically the same story. Wasted my time as well with a bunch of stories about how he would make it right.

thanks for letting me know. So hes a repeat offender. 

Unfortunately, when you said junky you are probably right. And he probably does good for a while and has benges which is why he was doing good at first. I'm a new member on here and most of you guys don't have a clue who I am but I have a brother just like that. Take money from you and beat around the bush about what the heck he did with it where he could at least accept his humility and just basically say I messed up. Looks like he is covering his tracks to pay for a recent mess up and the sad thing is its probably with his wife. But I'll quit preaching! Hope he's remorseful and you get your money back. But where this really pisses me off is stuff like this makes it to where you guys don't want to deal with a newcomer like me. Good day!

44 minutes ago, bigbass45 said:

Same member took money from me last month. It was only $35 but it was basically the same story. Wasted my time as well with a bunch of stories about how he would make it right.

Did you leave him negative feedback? That could of potentially stopped Matt from loosing $150 to the same guy. 

Leave feedback guys. I would've went for it too if I saw the 5 good reviews.

Sending cash is not a good idea, better to send money order or something. But why not just send via PayPal? I don't get it 

1 hour ago, Phil A. said:

Unfortunately, when you said junky you are probably right. And he probably does good for a while and has benges which is why he was doing good at first. I'm a new member on here and most of you guys don't have a clue who I am but I have a brother just like that. Take money from you and beat around the bush about what the heck he did with it where he could at least accept his humility and just basically say I messed up. Looks like he is covering his tracks to pay for a recent mess up and the sad thing is its probably with his wife. But I'll quit preaching! Hope he's remorseful and you get your money back. But where this really pisses me off is stuff like this makes it to where you guys don't want to deal with a newcomer like me. Good day!

As long as you have PayPal, then you shouldn’t be having too much trouble dealing with people. Paypal makes it safe… Well IMO

Edited by iFishLA

4 minutes ago, iFishLA said:

As long as you have PayPal, then you shouldn’t be having too much trouble dealing with people. Paypal makes it safe… Well IMO

Only when you do it with goods and services. Lots on here work off of the f&f with PayPal so hard to dispute it that way