NJ Tiger Muskie

Jim137a

20 minutes ago, FishDr said:

I caught my only tiger on a Baby Possum, at night, but I know a guy who targets them regularly and with good success on glides and Rising Sons.

Tigers are pretty rare in NJ lakes but I may have to start seeking them out more - great sporting fish. 

I got one last year on a K9. 

3D5CA240-D85E-401A-A453-4F198137E798.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2022 at 7:51 AM, Musky Chaser said:

Cannot say I agree. 75% of the time I´ll think I´m snagged when I hook a tiger, till they start their acrobatics haha (or unless they eat right at the bank). I need to start throwing swimbaits for em, anyone got suggestions?

Are you throwing moving baits for them or live bait.  Every musky tor tiger I’ve caught “ Blasts “ the bait. 

Here’s a quote from an article on muskies - they can hit a moving lure at 30 MPH

“ When a tasty treat does swim by, a muskie can strike out at speeds of more than 30 miles per hour (48.28 kilometers per hour) [source: Jones]. Make sure that you're situated in such a way that you don't lose your b­alance. If you're lucky enough to land a huge muskie, the last thing you want is to end up in the water. So grab your poles -- and maybe some flowers and chocolates -- to lure that monster muskie out during the spawn.“

https://adventure.howstuffworks.com/outdoor-activities/fishing/freshwater-tips/muskie/muskie-spawn.htm