Woodtail and Real Prey Travel...share program

boomah21

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was last to fish the baits. And then but them in the mail on the 5 of May.

I just moved to colorado in December and didn't purchase a fishing license until the new license year which is April 1. So my time on the water before I got the baits was limited. I have throwing only swimbaits for I think about 4 years now. So I had a little bit of an idea of where to start. When I got the baits it was a no brainer to me to throw the realprey seeing as it was April in colorado and ice was on the lake into March. To me it's not real sexy to throw any of the bigger soft plastic baits but you can't deny that they catch fish. Well I made the most of having the baits in my possession and fished before and after work for two weeks along with the 2 weekends. I have a great wife and no kids so I fish a lot anyway. I didn't put up big numbers, hell I only caught one fish! But it was my new pb at 6.72!!! I do have pics, but I don't have a clue as to how to post them.

On to the baits. I fished the realprey about 95% of the time. Like I said I thought it was the best plan to catch a fish and it worked out. I like the big tail wag that the bait had and I would think if the fish in your waters see a ton of hudds this is the bait to throw. A friend of mine owns the same bait but the line tie is in the mouth. I would recommend to not get the bait with the line tie in the mouth it limits how you can rig the bait. The realprey that I fished did not like to be fished very fast. It tended to lay to one side when retrieved fast not a lot but it did it. My favorite thing about the baits from realprey is how they hold up. I also own a realprey alewife that has probably has 10 fish on it and it looks brand new. I am now on the hunt for a 7.75" realprey trout. So if u have one let me know! Like I said I fished the woodtail very little maybe 2 hours. I wish I fished it more. It cranked down so easy and stayed down. I wish they where still made. There is no doubt that cranking down swimbaits catches fish. Which has led to more options for baits that crank down such as the new slammers and pats baits. I will soon be adding a crank down bait to my arsenal.

Well this is getting too long and I am a horrible writer. Just want to give thanks to boom for donating the baits and Swimbait underground for putting this great place together.

i definitely got them, took some video with em but my computer is too slow to deal with it... cool baits, caught a few dinks on the wood tail. didn't really fish the real prey much. definitely a cool thing, gives you an idea if you want to buy or not...

i'm glad they didn't get lost and made it through everyone. they're on to Fat-G as soon as he messages me his info. Thanks to boomah for putting this together, this forum is missing a lot of the older dudes who really do bring a lot to the table. boomah is one of these guys!