RATS!!!!

Uknowme

New to all of this and I am looking into a 2 pc rat. Main two I have been looking into at the Illudes and the OD. What are everyone’s opinion with these? Also, I have been on their websites for months waiting for drops and either I miss them or they don’t happen. I emailed both companies and have yet to receive a response. Any advice on getting these other than the black market? Am open to other rats if anyone has suggestions. 

here’s a nice OD for sale. They have great action like Jackson said. The Illude’s are great as well, beautiful paint and finishes but they will crank down more than wake. The Gas Rat (for me anyways) always waked a bit better. Either one is a solid choice though

I love rats during summer, but I'm almost always walking these right next to laydowns on steep banks/ shady pockets when the sun is up high. I catch a fair amount of 3-5# fish doing that. I have stuck a few over 5 doing this, but not very many. I don't believe there are a lot of 5+ fish where I fish, so that might have something to do with it lol.

If I want a wake bait, I fish a wake bait (slammer/ wake jr etc). Rats, as far as my preferences go, as not for waking. Once I'm out of the perceived strike zone I will swim them back, and I do get a bite or two of course.

I really like 2 piece wood rats. Morning wood and Johnny are a couple good ones. I got a Sneaky earlier this year. Will give it a fair shot in a month or two. I have a resin PB and two ODs; they catch fish, but wood is good!

Here's a typical fish. Far from a giant, but the anticipation and the bites are always a rush.

IMG_9486.JPG

Edited by maiti

1 hour ago, JacksonF said:

OD hasn’t done a drop in a long time, mostly sells at trade shows, but illude does drops very sporadically. Both rats you can get for close to retail here on the black market though

That is unfortunate. Thats good to hear. I really don't know the market on these. Thank you for your knowlege.

1 hour ago, Whammy said:

here’s a nice OD for sale. They have great action like Jackson said. The Illude’s are great as well, beautiful paint and finishes but they will crank down more than wake. The Gas Rat (for me anyways) always waked a bit better. Either one is a solid choice though

I saw it earlier. I am close to pulling the trigger on this one. Saw a 2pc Illude chipmunk earlier as well thats why I started this subject. Thank you.

13 minutes ago, maiti said:

I love rats during summer, but I'm almost always walking these right next to laydowns on steep banks/ shady pockets when the sun is up high. I catch a fair amount of 3-5# fish doing that. I have stuck a few over 5 doing this, but not very many. I don't believe there are a lot of 5+ fish where I fish, so that might have something to do with it lol.

If I want a wake bait, I fish a wake bait (slammer/ wake jr etc). Rats, as far as my preferences go, as not for waking. Once I'm out of the perceived strike zone I will swim them back, and I do get a bite or two of course.

I really like 2 piece wood rats. Morning wood and Johnny are a couple good ones. I got a Sneaky earlier this year. Will give it a fair shot in a month or two. I have a resin PB and two ODs; they catch fish, but wood is good!

Here's a typical fish. Far from a giant, but the anticipation and the bites are always a rush.

IMG_9486.JPG

I feel the same. I want a rat for topwater. I really like the wood ones but I'm afraid I am not ready for that level of cost. They seem to run $300 or so. That clack though on the wood is nice. Thank you.

1 minute ago, Loudsplashbassn_ said:

Buy a spro 50 or trap bass and save a few bucks till you get a liking too it just my advice..check illude every hour at the hour if you really want one lol best way to get one at retail 

Solid advice. I have a 40 Spro. Done well on it. Time to graduate I feel. For like two months now I have been on both sites refreshing at least a dozen times a day. Effort has been applied with no success.

6 minutes ago, Uknowme said:

I saw it earlier. I am close to pulling the trigger on this one. Saw a 2pc Illude chipmunk earlier as well thats why I started this subject. Thank you.

Grab this one while it’s still available. Sick color and it’ll get smashed for sure