A good 20lb fluorocarbon

jiggerjake

2 hours ago, jiggerjake said:

With spools available in 82 yds are you using backing?

I buy the 300m (330 yard) spools of 20lb.  It has a sprayed-on length marker every 100m.  So on my Z2020 it holds exactly 100m without any backing. My other reels are usually spooled with Izorline copoly. 

4 hours ago, chevro1et said:

I had negative experiences with Seaguar R18 LTD (white box, gold letters) in 12lb and 16lb when I fished conventional. I switched over to Sunline Shooter Sniper FC and never looked back. I use the Sunline in 20lb for all my swimbait FC applications. 

Dammit. That lowers my confidence a lot with this line. I'll probably just stick to Sunline Sniper FC. Never had an issue with Sniper (yet). 

On 5/4/2022 at 6:19 PM, Ravelthus said:

Dammit. That lowers my confidence a lot with this line. I'll probably just stick to Sunline Sniper FC. Never had an issue with Sniper (yet). 

In all of my experiences seaguar tatsu, blue label, and abrazx although not invizx will be more abrasion resistant than sunline and will have higher knot strength with the knot I use by a significant margin. This is across conventional and big baiting.