Fish'in the Wake Jr...?

LUV-2-CATCH'EM

I just got my first "real" hard body wake bait...a Wake Jr...

I was wondering how most of ya'll fish it or if there is one perfered method given the specific conditions? Do you look for calm water? Slow retrieve...mixed in with twitches or the desdstick...rod tip low? Im sure the sky is the limit... just wanted a good starting point.

Thanks-J

Jr. And baby wake are probably my two favorite top water wakes. Play with it, get creative and you'll find how versatile it is in getting bit. Some will tell you a slow and steady wake with slight texture or chop on the water. I like slapping with pauses or twitching. The bait is fun and there are infinite ways to get bit under all types of retrieves and environmental conditions.

Jr. And baby wake are probably my two favorite top water wakes. Play with it, get creative and you'll find how versatile it is in getting bit. Some will tell you a slow and steady wake with slight texture or chop on the water. I like slapping with pauses or twitching. The bait is fun and there are infinite ways to get bit under all types of retrieves and environmental conditions.

+1

Went out this morning to play around...

North Texas weather/water conditions:

(Lake Lewisville)

Time:6am ....just before sunrise

Wind: 10-12mph

Weather: Cloudy slight rain...pre front

Water clarity: Clear

Depth: 12foot...bank

Habitat: Main lake point BIG chunk rock

Bait: Wake Jr. (Shad)

I did a 10sec deadstick upon landing...followed by a slow steady retrieve on the surface with no strikes or followers...

Then I changed it up by cranking the bait down a foot or so and steadly retrieved along the rocks...Then SLAM!!! I got hit like a ton or bricks...reeled in and landed a 5.2lb green back!

In the short time I have had this bait im sooo impressed! I ended up chipping the paint on the top of the bait with all the rucus around the rocks but all and all an awesome expierence and fish to remember!

Take care-J