Let’s make a bluegill

Socalswimbait

On 5/16/2022 at 3:20 PM, Socalswimbait said:

So quickly painted her up and took her out to fish for a few. Phew, glad I scratched that itch and can now focus on finishing the carving.  Hahaha 

The blank kept saying let’s go fish, let’s go fish. I couldn’t say no…….

A518F41C-F29D-4C21-A3F0-B28AD782C5B3.jpeg

It's looking dope bro!! We might have to do a trade or something when I'm finished makeing the ones I got done I need to post pics I'm so behind on that!!

Prototype glide #1.

Molded and poured first blank. Made a glide to start testing with resin mix and weight. First one is super slow sink, great swim. Will try to get vid in the next few days. Next will be a 3 piece and than a lipped wake as I figure out the balance. 

82A90019-6F37-4DB6-B44D-9841914B28BC.jpeg

7885BD64-F1B2-49D2-A89A-CEE086A911A4.jpeg

57 minutes ago, Inkedup fishing said:

Hey man what type of resin are you using. If you don't mind me asking. Some people dnt like to reveal that stuff. LIKE ME SOME TIMES WITH SERTAN STUFF!!

I use alumilite. Some people don’t like it or talk smack about it but I’ve never had any issues. Always done the job. 

48 minutes ago, Socalswimbait said:

I use alumilite. Some people don’t like it or talk smack about it but I’ve never had any issues. Always done the job. 

Yeah I have been using SRC and it's good but I'm almost out and wanted to try alumalite white so Jim from there sent me some to try out. It's why I was asking never tried it. But I'm going to give it a shot. SRC I found is very strong and its what I have used for a long time so trying something new I nerv racking lol!!

3 hours ago, Socalswimbait said:

I’m so bad. Totally meant as a tester. Instead I tune it, paint it and ready for clear. I gotta stop making myself toys and get back to work……. Haha 

IMG_5312.MOV

The image dnt pop up. But yeah man I know what you mean!!! Between makeing my personal baits, baits for customers and the cnc machine. lol ooo yeah then my boat. I literally use up every minute in the day. 

• 2 weeks later...