Tatula 200 vs 300

EL_ED51

I got in on the F5 pizz collab 1-4oz.  Was caught without a reel dedicated reel to it.  
I put my curado dc 150 on it and not liking it.  
I have narrowed the search to the tat 200,300.  Is the 300 over kill for smaller 1-3oz baits? Probably use a 15-20lb line.  
The 200 is $169,300 is $269.  What is the $100 difference, just size?

I have a gift card for basspro, they have the 300 in 7.1,8.1 ratios.  Which would make it equal price to the 200 which is not available at basspro. 

I have looked at the curados. I like the ability to change the breaks on the side of the daiwas especially in the windy desert I live in. 

Any other reels in that 200 size I am missing? I know the conquest, and antares dcmd are real nice but might be out of my league still.  

I currently have a dobyns 867 with a daiwa lexa tw 300.  
A leviathan H(ordered prior to knowing I was getting in on the f5 drop) with a daiwa 300 tat.  

I am just trying to get a well rounded group.  

thank you

love my 200s, i own two of them and they have been great reels, 3rd season on one of them, 2nd season on the other. 

i use em for everything from 1/2oz jigs to 3.5oz swimbaits (awesome reel for smaller baits) i use one mainly for TKs/g2 shellcrackers, smaller soft baits and small wakes 

great reels for the $$, got both off ebay for less than retail 

check TW this weekend as theyre having the 15% off sale 

9 hours ago, EL_ED51 said:

TW has the 200, but both options of the RT hand went "no Back order"

TW mobile site (used on your phone) always says "no back orders" if you use a pc , dates are given. Some kind of glitch on their mobile site.

June 13 is the date given.

On 5/24/2022 at 6:00 PM, EL_ED51 said:

Ty gents.   Grabbed a 200 after work.   I put 20lb izorline on it.  I should pull up my skirt and try 15lb but im scared…

Now for a new handle!

How did it do with the 20 lb I have one coming and was thinking about 17 lb line.

52 minutes ago, Born 2 fish said:

How did it do with the 20 lb I have one coming and was thinking about 17 lb line.

My thoughts, it is awesome. 

I threw a bass brains regulator, cast distance was good. I thought it would have more action with 17lb. 

I threw the tiny tum and it looked good. its light like the bass brains. 

ufo SS looked good. 

I tried out the toxic frog, the bigger one, I ended up tossing way over a canal and getting it deep in the tullys, but I ripped it right out. I thought it handle it well. I had a couple small ones chasing it around. 

I tied on a Pizz beast glide, it is 4oz. I didn't go full send. I probably could but I wouldn't want to go heavier. it looked really good. I had a big one come out of no where and follow it around. That one shocked me. Big fish but no bite. 20lb is probably good for it. 

I tied on an A rig and thought sweet it can handle the A rig with 1/4 jig heads. 

I will probably look for some 17, either the cxx or izorline. They just didn't have it at the local spot the other day. 

I am still learning. By all means I go casting, not fishing... 

I used it twice. new rod and reel and I have zero backlashes. So I am getting better. 

I am still leaning to flip baits in front of tullys and in tight spots off the docks at my local lake. I thought I did pretty well. I had a couple cast where I got the bait right where I wanted it. Just no fish yet. 

I seen some guys still walking around dropping jigs on fish in the tullys. So I am may be spinning my wheels tossing swimbaits. But it is fun and what I want to do. 

Ed

33 minutes ago, EL_ED51 said:

My thoughts, it is awesome. 

I threw a bass brains regulator, cast distance was good. I thought it would have more action with 17lb. 

I threw the tiny tum and it looked good. its light like the bass brains. 

ufo SS looked good. 

I tried out the toxic frog, the bigger one, I ended up tossing way over a canal and getting it deep in the tullys, but I ripped it right out. I thought it handle it well. I had a couple small ones chasing it around. 

I tied on a Pizz beast glide, it is 4oz. I didn't go full send. I probably could but I wouldn't want to go heavier. it looked really good. I had a big one come out of no where and follow it around. That one shocked me. Big fish but no bite. 20lb is probably good for it. 

I tied on an A rig and thought sweet it can handle the A rig with 1/4 jig heads. 

I will probably look for some 17, either the cxx or izorline. They just didn't have it at the local spot the other day. 

I am still learning. By all means I go casting, not fishing... 

I used it twice. new rod and reel and I have zero backlashes. So I am getting better. 

I am still leaning to flip baits in front of tullys and in tight spots off the docks at my local lake. I thought I did pretty well. I had a couple cast where I got the bait right where I wanted it. Just no fish yet. 

I seen some guys still walking around dropping jigs on fish in the tullys. So I am may be spinning my wheels tossing swimbaits. But it is fun and what I want to do. 

Ed

Thank you I’m only got to use it for up to 2 oz baits. I really like suffix siege line so that’s what I’m going with in 17lb . Can’t wait to get it and try it out.