1st DD

Wahoooo

I finally got my first DD a few months back on a Jackall bluegill swimbait. I was cruising the shallows when I saw what at first I thought was a carp until she turned sideways and that is when I realized it was no carp but a big bass. I cast the bait past her and slowly started to work it past her and when I did she spun around on it and just looked at it. When I saw she didn't swim off I know I had a chance. I made another cast past her and stated to work it back slowly again and that is when I saw her open her mouth and watch my bait disappear. I stood there for half a second in shock before I set the hook. She took off thankfully for deeper water and not the thick grass and rocks that were really close(I only had 15lb test). Since I was fishing alone that day I start to look for my net so I could have it close when it comes time to land her and that is when I realized I had left it at home. I got her close to the boat a few times but she would not open her mouth and when I tried to grab her she would take off again. After a few more rounds of that she finaly opens hr mouth and I'm able to land her!!!! As soon as I got her in the boat I knew I had accomplished my goal I had set about 10 years ago. I put her on the digital scale and watch the weight go straight past 10lbs to 11 lbs and come to rest at 11.33 lbs. I have a some guys in a boat near me take a few pics for me before I put her back in the water and watch her swim away strong and healthy.

1375012437_zpsc51b368a.jpg

Thank you guys... The cool/funny part is that my friend exactly a month earlier got a bass that went 10.12 lbs on the same lake which was his first also and we didn't have a net to land that bass either so I had to grab it for him. I'm starting to think I should start leaving the net at home if that means I will get more bites from bass that size.

• 2 weeks later...