reel cleaning products

godzilla

Good evening man, I’ve been servicing my own reels for awhile now and I really like the Penn line of cleaner, grease, and lube! They have always worked well for me! If you are using ceramic bearings however I think Boca makes a lube for them specifically! I hope this helps!

zpi f zero bearing oil and shimano drag grease on everything else as far as cleaning i use cotton swabs and a micro fiber towel and a tooth brush for the main and pinion gear ive been servicing reels over a decade and thats what i use its pretty basic and very simple process 

I use mineral spirits to clean out the heavy  gunk then into a ultra sonic cleaner. Grease I use penn or hot sauce and for bearing oil I use 0w20 synth mobil one engine oil. Servicing reels is easy  if you have some mechanical aptitude.

I strip mine straight to the frame every winter.

Pure Acetone for cleaning bearings. Aircraft grade simple green for cleaning reel parts. I use a cheap ultrasonic for the bearings (I put them in small jars with the acetone). Lightweight oil for spool bearings, heavier oil for frame bearings and the levewind. Cals drag grease for gears and a LIGHT light light coating on the drag washers. 

If your going to do alot of reels it's probably worth it to get an ultrasonic cleaner. I've tried alot of decreased and Dawn dish detergent is very good for cleaning. And it won't react with any paint/plastic. Some shimano grease and and some tsi 321for the bearings and you'll be good