Supply Chain Problems

azsouth

For the public that knows very little about Interstate Commerce, 12 Railroad unions are voting to strike!! This is a very big thing for us because of Federal laws and Railway Labor act.

We have been denied the right to strike for almost 100 years but that might come to an end on Jul18th at 0001 if President Biden does not enact the PEB. ( presidential emernecy board )    

If you think you have seen high prices and bare store shelves, let's just say you have not seen anything yet. So my suggestion is if you don't hear anything about the PEB... BUY WHAT YOU NEED TO LIVE ON.

We transport EVERYTHING from your vehicles and fuel to all your household needs.

The figure for most large cities, shelves will start going bare in about 3 days. 

1 hour ago, azsouth said:

For the public that knows very little about Interstate Commerce, 12 Railroad unions are voting to strike!! This is a very big thing for us because of Federal laws and Railway Labor act.

We have been denied the right to strike for almost 100 years but that might come to an end on Jul18th at 0001 if President Biden does not enact the PEB. ( presidential emernecy board )    

If you think you have seen high prices and bare store shelves, let's just say you have not seen anything yet. So my suggestion is if you don't hear anything about the PEB... BUY WHAT YOU NEED TO LIVE ON.

We transport EVERYTHING from your vehicles and fuel to all your household needs.

The figure for most large cities, shelves will start going bare in about 3 days. 

I'm a shift coordinator for one of the biggest family owned factories in the world but I can't mention it's name because they choose to stay out of the media and I could possibly get fired. I have meetings with our supply chain manager and general operations manager at least once a week. We receive products from 17 other places so we can produce our product. 3 of them rely heavily on the railroad system while 1 in particular makes our  ingredients to spice up our products. This affects a division in our plant that produces 70% of our work. If this happens they can't just go and round up a bunch of truckers to haul their product. That could take 6 months to a year to get straight. At our company we have contracts already with big trucking companies that are renewed every year. This $hit is getting serious. Don't panic by know means but just keep an eye out.

9 hours ago, Phil A. said:

I'm a shift coordinator for one of the biggest family owned factories in the world but I can't mention it's name because they choose to stay out of the media and I could possibly get fired. I have meetings with our supply chain manager and general operations manager at least once a week. We receive products from 17 other places so we can produce our product. 3 of them rely heavily on the railroad system while 1 in particular makes our  ingredients to spice up our products. This affects a division in our plant that produces 70% of our work. If this happens they can't just go and round up a bunch of truckers to haul their product. That could take 6 months to a year to get straight. At our company we have contracts already with big trucking companies that are renewed every year. This $hit is getting serious. Don't panic by know means but just keep an eye out.

Like I said most people don't have a clue about interstate commerce and railroads.... I am just trying to enlighten people to the extent of just a few days off will do.

There is a nationwide truck driver shortage, so there is less capacity, so rates are sky high. A lot of companies are turning to rail for cheaper rates but most rail companies already have contracts in place with large shippers. Covid did a number on supply chains across the globe. If the rail workers strike it will hurt supply chains even more, put more pressure on the carriers. Crazy time to be in the freight/supply chain world. I guess just a crazy time to be alive period. 

11 hours ago, Fallof74 said:

There is a nationwide truck driver shortage, so there is less capacity, so rates are sky high. A lot of companies are turning to rail for cheaper rates but most rail companies already have contracts in place with large shippers. Covid did a number on supply chains across the globe. If the rail workers strike it will hurt supply chains even more, put more pressure on the carriers. Crazy time to be in the freight/supply chain world. I guess just a crazy time to be alive period. 

Well put, 1 train is equal to several hundred trucks.

@azsouth please keep us posted or send me a pm if you’d rather 

I see the supply chain issues daily at work (I work for large soup manufacturer) and we’re making cuts and schedule changes daily due to ingredient, packaging, labeling, shortages. 

some companies are flexible while others are not and have strict rules for substitutions of ingredients. 

we have so many new venders it’s crazy and a lot of issues with contracts and finding substitutions in general. 

we finally have a lot of staff after raising hourly pay, incentives and bonuses only to now be plagued with lack of ingredients to actually make product 

definitely crazy times 

So people will have a better understanding of what a national railroad strike will do ....so you guys get the point..... we have been put back to work forcibly on many occasions by federal judges, congress and sitting presidents with little to no recourse quite a few times!!! here is the last true strike I could find.  EVER HEARD THE TERM GETTING RAILROADED? 

1992 United States railroad strike - Wikipedia