False Accusations

the_real_owenh

I sent a bait out to a member by the name of LAbRatsFishing and he’s claiming I sent a bait with a chip out of it and a hole that I drilled in it. The bait is a bucca bull shad glide. 

The first picture is the bait I sent him and the second is a picture off of tackle tour review. 

They are exactly the same and I tried to get ahold of him but I’m blocked. I’m just trying to defend myself. I would never send a jacked up bait out to someone. 

Thanks to all!

C07BBBF7-E236-4689-9E54-54AEBBDE2539.jpeg

A9C6734D-1960-4B31-9F56-DD08647CED38.png

Is this the shad glide we’re talking about? I had a multijoint swimmer for a good while and it was rough around the edges to say the least…had a tilt to the swim, open locator holes on the belly, resin “burs” everywhere, and crooked line tie and swivel hook hanger. Mike’s baits are not known for their refinement, but the get bit nonetheless.

Here's how the members on the outside looking in, or I see the situation. It could just be coincidence but you first offered that bait at $400 which is crazy anyway. Then I think you dropped the price once. After a while you came back and offered the bait for $235 with a chip on the bottom which would only appear to me or others that you dropped the price tremendously because you damaged the bait. And you then offered as a trade so it sounds funny. Now, one time I did throw a 6 in" Bucca swimmer into a concrete spillway once that appeared to be fine. But evidently I must have cracked it because the next time I fished with it a chunk of the resin crumbled away from the stomach. Maybe it was cracked and you didn't know and some of the nose crumbled away in shipping. But unfortunately, the way this situation went down, all eyes are one you. You have good feedback until now so I hate to judge. Sorry but I'm voicing my opinion on what it looks like.

Here's how this member sees it.

This is all child's play on a mirror issue. As life go's on you will be faced with bigger problems.

Both of you should have resolved this privately, man up. There will be a time when you can't relie on others or the internet.

I have pictures from the minute I purchased it from mike and the chip was there. I decided to trade it because I needed specific baits asap for an event coming up. When it was listed for 400$ that was a buddy that did it for me while I was driving. Completely my mistake should have checked the post 235 was reasonable. Then I moved to trade it.

8E255DB4-2EF8-4D3A-ACCC-C4F4C87EBD10.png

I’m with everyone else tbh… seems like little details keep getting left out. And now you say your friend listed it for you.. I’ve never met anyone trying to sell a bait and has someone else post it for them. Even if driving.. it’s a “high” dollar bait couldn’t pull over for 2 mins or when u got to your destination? Also don’t really care but it’s my 2 cents. 

Most of the baits I buy on here in used condition run like crap. Probably ran like crap from the “factory”. That’s the reason I believe most of these baits get sold after just a couple uses. When I buy a bait 2nd hand I expect that I’ll have to tune it. 

In other words, some baits run perfect from a drop and have that “mojo” and some run like crap from the same drop and you have to give it that mojo by tuning it.

The solution is real simple: trade the baits back between each other and call it day.  Did you offer to trade back to make it right?

A man’s reputation or word should be more important than a inanimate object. In this case, it’s a couple of baits.
You obviously seem to feel this way with your actions on making this post to defend yourself and reputation. As much as it may hurt to give up the bait you received, in the long run, it will be more worth it, by keeping a good reputation, and establishing trust among your peers.  This just doesn’t apply here on this forum, that also  applies in life as well. 

I base this on my own online buying, selling and trading experience . I would rather someone be happy with their purchase or trade, just as I would want to be.

I’m not here to judge anybody and I typically do not get involved in these type of post. Just wanted to offer my two cents at a simple solution, that could have been done easily in private. 

Hope it all works out for both parties involved. 

Edited by Mossyback Angler