What Baits Do I need?

JFara

Question for you S/U. I'm looking to add to my bait collection. I currently have..

Mattlures Hard Gills

MS Slammer

Spro Rat 50

BullGill & BullShad

HUD 68 Weedless

I've been looking at Mattlures Mini Meathead, 3:16 Baby wake, 

What should I be looking for to add that wont make me go broke? 

Thanks

Fish and learn the baits you have. You have surface, subsurface, and bottom baits so you have it covered. Once you start seeing what your fish like and what style you like to fish then you should add those types of baits. You should do this for a year or two so you can see the different seasons/weather/water temps/moon and use all that information and adjust accordingly for the best chances at bigger fish and becoming very consistent with catxhing everytime you get on the water.

Or just be like 90% of swimbaiters and follow others and hype.

Best of luck,

Brian

^^^I second everything above, couldn't say it any better: you have every bait you need already in your box. They're all proven baits; fish them til you've got confidence in all of them, you don't need to spend another dollar.

The 3:16 baby wake is nice but I don’t feel the need to pay that much for a wake. I like the hoog wake and rago top trout. You can get a top trout off Swimbait city fairly cheap. In dingy water I’ve had better luck with a wake with one joint that has a loud knock. Ive done well in similar ponds with a 6in punker. 

Weedless soft baits sound like a player I don’t feel like I need to overpay on soft baits I’ve had a ton of success on magdrafts, boom boom baits and Osprey.

Crankdowns are good in stained water as well and around grass I mostly use toxic baits and the whippersnapper looks like the bait in that size range your after. 

Edited by Rangermike

47 minutes ago, professorbass said:

Baitsanity gill glide I think it’s like $60 and very effective.

I have to agree, I have 5 in different colors. I have 3 slow sink and 2 floaters but I'd choose the slow sink if I could only afford one. They have a great swimming action on a steady retrieve, but you can give it twitches. Really easy to use $63. The only thing I'll have to admit is they come with 32g adhesive weight strips that I've never tried fooling with.

You’d do well to just fish the slammer and the hardgill, especially if you’re trying to not go broke.  

If I had to add anything you your current lineup….a crankdown like the toxic wakencrank or su rago D3 would be it.