Unexpected PB

danthefisherman

32 minutes ago, GrizzleyShad said:

Wow dude!! that lure even gets clams lol. How many of those baits have you made now or is that still the original?

I’ve made a good handful of prototypes, but I also keep losing them lol. One pond alone has claimed about 4-5 of my favorites. I’m working to test some final tweaks before I finalize the design and make myself twenty backups :lol:

24 minutes ago, Inkedup fishing said:

If that's the case brother you need to get a kayak and go get them baits man!!! That's one tomany baits to sacrifice to the swimbait gods!!!

No watercraft allowed unfortunately, and I’ve tried dragging plastics bags and strings of treble hooks to no avail. That’s all part of fishing I guess, and at least I can make more ;)

1 minute ago, danthefisherman said:

No watercraft allowed unfortunately, and I’ve tried dragging plastics bags and strings of treble hooks to no avail. That’s all part of fishing I guess, and at least I can make more ;)

Well then brother that means it's time to break out the floaties!!!

Edited by Inkedup fishing

8 hours ago, danthefisherman said:

Nice catch! Was it pretty hard to get the treble hooks out of the clams mouth. Last time that happened to me I had to shatter the clam to get my hook free.

Being able to make more of your own lures without too much money is awesome. As much as I don’t want to lose lures I make, if I lose it I can usually make the replacement a little better than the last, so they keep improving. Kind of a silver lining to losing them. 

4 hours ago, Gliding Colorado said:

Nice catch! Was it pretty hard to get the treble hooks out of the clams mouth. Last time that happened to me I had to shatter the clam to get my hook free.

Being able to make more of your own lures without too much money is awesome. As much as I don’t want to lose lures I make, if I lose it I can usually make the replacement a little better than the last, so they keep improving. Kind of a silver lining to losing them. 

The hook slid out pretty easily as it went in clean down the middle. Clam was released to fight another day.

It’s still a lot of time and effort that we lose with each bait, not just materials…but yes the plus side is we can make more and it forces us to keep improving with each new build.