50 Shades of UFOBAITCO

A7T3C

8 hours ago, GavinDH said:

Unfortunately like many others the same happened to my wife and I. On the last preorder batch, my wife and I both ordered one bait each. A week went by and she had been refunded, multiple emails and ig DMs sent with no response. Within the same hour that the refund had finished pending through PayPal my order was then refunded. Again many emails and DMs to no avail. In total the two of us have sent almost 20 messages without ever receiving a response. I had even commented on a recent post they had made and the comment was removed. I was never nasty and never accused them of anything, I just wanted to know why My wife and I had been refunded. @JacksonF kept my spirits up that it wasn’t something I had done, and this was just the way it’s been for awhile now. It’s very sad to see this type of customer service. Thank you for making your post @A7T3C

dont act so high and mighty bro, you were trying to buy two baits for your own and thats why you got refunded thats his policy to weed out flippers.

I was extra f****d by him as well. Dude has a solid bait. Catches bucks. That is it. Reached out to me, huge song and dance. Actually needed me. Was used for his profits and development in trade for lies and promises and than got me to do more work for more promises and apologies and completely left me stranded and confused again. He also has a few minions that reach out and pretend to be a homie to get the tea. Than sell you out.  You know who your are and should feel like a try hard chrome terd eatin lego angler. And because of him and a few others, i now have one foot out the door w this industry. A place where i thought everyone was cool and had the same passion. Nope, the passion is greed, lemme catch a fish w someone elses bait and show the world,  let me pretend i dont have a collection of what i love so i dont seem like a deemed “ collector. Tease me to death about baits, friendship blah blah blah….. This industry tank is filling, and starting to tip. 

1 hour ago, GoodVibez_TightLines said:

dont act so high and mighty bro, you were trying to buy two baits for your own and thats why you got refunded thats his policy to weed out flippers.

Didn’t he say that he and his wife were trying to get one? What’s the harm in that?  He lets his “friends” get multiple baits all of the time, and I bet over half of them end up being traded or on the BM for sale. And never for retail I can promise you that. 

7 minutes ago, Whammy said:

Didn’t he say that he and his wife were trying to get one? What’s the harm in that?  He lets his “friends” get multiple baits all of the time, and I bet over half of them end up being traded or on the BM for sale. And never for retail I can promise you that. 

because obviously it was him using his wifes card to buy two of them, to then go on here and  sell it for twice as much(as you mentioned) 

Just now, GoodVibez_TightLines said:

because obviously it was him using his wifes card to buy two of them, to then go on here and  sell it for twice as much(as you mentioned) 

He bought one, his wife bought one. 2 baits. He did nothing wrong, and Gavin is a solid dude that would never flip a bait for profit

3 hours ago, GoodVibez_TightLines said:

There was a two bait minimum per person. If we had wanted my wife and I could’ve ordered two baits each and still been in the right. I had wanted a crankdown and I wanted my wife to have a wake. I didn’t need any other baits. If you go and look at my posts in the Got Em section you’ll see that anytime I’ve posted I always mention or also post my wife’s catches. I wouldn’t use my wife to get me more baits for myself. I had one UFO wake up for trade on the BM, and in that post I said I was looking for crankdowns, and that I had other wakes I preferred. I wouldn’t have traded it had I known that I was going to be refunded. And I traded it for a Boulder Creek Craw Crank. A bait that at retail is less than a UFO. My wife won’t use any of “my” baits since they are mine and she doesn’t want to lose them. So I bought her her own wake. You can also take a look at all my posts in the BM, the majority of them are trades or I ask for what I paid for. Before you post about me or any member acting like you know what’s going on take a look at their profile. It’s helps when determining the character of people. Thank you @JacksonF and @Whammy 

1 hour ago, GoodVibez_TightLines said:

Every time I’ve talked to and dealt with @GavinDH he’s been a pretty legit and stand up dude who isn’t out there to screw somebody and f somebody over on a deal dude… don’t get why you’re trying to rip on somebody for doing something that he’s allowed to do anyways? Him and his wife could have tried to get 2 a pop instead of 1 each.. so what’s the deal? And I’m sure if we all go back and look at ish you put up for sale, like 9/10 of us it’s going to be what the market is for or what we have into the bait… don’t try and drag ole boys name through the mud when there’s 0 to drag him over!

"hey boss"

"hey boss"

"no problem boss"

We had this idea in high school where if someone called you "boss" either he thought you were a goofball or he was a FOS ingratiating weasel. Nice to see 25 years later the theory still holds. 

"shipping next week boss"

37 minutes ago, Dbryant11 said:

Every time I’ve talked to and dealt with @GavinDH he’s been a pretty legit and stand up dude who isn’t out there to screw somebody and f somebody over on a deal dude… don’t get why you’re trying to rip on somebody for doing something that he’s allowed to do anyways? Him and his wife could have tried to get 2 a pop instead of 1 each.. so what’s the deal? And I’m sure if we all go back and look at ish you put up for sale, like 9/10 of us it’s going to be what the market is for or what we have into the bait… don’t try and drag ole boys name through the mud when there’s 0 to drag him over!

EthicalElectricDove-max-1mb.gif

5 hours ago, Fbk said:

A place where i thought everyone was cool and had the same passion. Nope, the passion is greed, lemme catch a fish w someone elses bait and show the world,  let me pretend i dont have a collection of what i love so i dont seem like a deemed “ collector. Tease me to death about baits, friendship blah blah blah….. This industry tank is filling, and starting to tip. 

Oh jeez……suck it up sally.

I’ve been fishing for 39 years.  It’s never been a cool crowd sport. I never spoke to anglers I didn’t know.  I only shared stuff with people I felt were genuine and respectful of the fish and spots (and even then it wasn’t the 100% juice….you still gotta do some legwork). Very easy to drown out the noise and just fish.  

My apologies for the misanthropic soap box rant, back to the roast. 

He's been nothing but a stand up guy for me.  Looks like he communicated with you and offered a refund, which is way more than most people do that are as busy as himself.  

The glaring issue I seen before I started my own company and still looks like an issue is the acceptance of money before the product is made.  Once the money is accepted, anything that happens in the bait makers life now becomes an issue for the buyer.  Life happens and just because you paid has no baring on when you will get your item.  People become less willing to accept time delays.  What really matters to me when this situation arises is how he deals with the problem, not what is causing it.  He offered you a refund many times and looked to be clearly communicating with you when you asked.   Since i've only had positive experiences with him, does not mean negative ones dont exist (obviously), but I can't really see the issue in any of the complaints as long as he is willing to refund you the money.  To me, looking from the outside in, it looks like many of the issues are related to date of payment and date of bait received.  If you are buying a UFO, Hinkle or some other popular bait, it may be worth it to set aside the money and forget about it instead of dwelling on set times which life can interrupt.  

28 minutes ago, SacPig916 said:

He's been nothing but a stand up guy for me.  Looks like he communicated with you and offered a refund, which is way more than most people do that are as busy as himself.  

The glaring issue I seen before I started my own company and still looks like an issue is the acceptance of money before the product is made.  Once the money is accepted, anything that happens in the bait makers life now becomes an issue for the buyer.  Life happens and just because you paid has no baring on when you will get your item.  People become less willing to accept time delays.  What really matters to me when this situation arises is how he deals with the problem, not what is causing it.  He offered you a refund many times and looked to be clearly communicating with you when you asked.   Since i've only had positive experiences with him, does not mean negative ones dont exist (obviously), but I can't really see the issue in any of the complaints as long as he is willing to refund you the money.  To me, looking from the outside in, it looks like many of the issues are related to date of payment and date of bait received.  If you are buying a UFO, Hinkle or some other popular bait, it may be worth it to set aside the money and forget about it instead of dwelling on set times which life can interrupt.  

“Responds to occasional DMs and immediately offers a refund at any sign of trouble, while meanwhile working on several other projects and pre selling more baits before fulfilling his last order. Highly recommend, 5 stars”

I believe I’ve said this to several other people in regards to Erik, his customer service is great, until it isn’t.  He was extremely nice and helpful along the way, until it came time to deliver on things and then all of the sudden he’s too busy and I’ll get ya next week or hit me up in two weeks we’ll get you squared away etc etc until those weeks go by and now you’ve been brushed under the rug with the rest of the dust. 

He’s not the only guilty party, but not enough is said about it and honestly I wouldn’t have said anything publicly unless someone else got it started, but now I’m glad I did. I am sure everyone’s else’s experiences will differ and although I didn’t initiate this thread, I am sure the positive stories are just as welcomed. 

I believe the part that is lost upon people is it’s not so much the taking of the money and failing to deliver in a timely manner, it’s the constant lying about “lost packages”. He hides behind that excuse and it just doesn’t happen that often.