Shimano ArmaBoost

rwp

• 2 weeks later...

For what it’s worth, I stopped in a local shop this morning and they had a few of them in. I was asking them about the bait and they handed me a rod with one already tied on and said to go throw it in the pond outside. 

Only made a handful of casts but here were my thoughts/observations:

- the bait is lighter than it looks, IMO

- it did fold when casting as advertised

- worked best on a slow to moderate retrieve. When burned it wanted to roll on its side a bit. 

Overall, from the handful of casts I made it seemed like a good buy at $42. Really liked the colors on them too, and the swim does look great as long as it’s not burned. I didn’t buy one today but I do believe I’ll get one at some point. I think it’d be better if tuned to slow sink and have a better keel for a faster retrieve. 

Fished mine today. No fish but I didn’t catch any at all on my other baits either. 

Definitely liked the slow to moderate retrieve better. You can get it to walk slightly with small reel chops. Floated when left still before the cast too. As far as the casting, not bad but never really had an issue with that much anyways on these bigger baits. 
Interested to see what other people think of this bait. 

Fished mine for about 4 hours today. On and off with a big glide. Does cast an absolute mile as advertised.  It only got down about a foot on a slow retrieve. Wanted to nose up and lay on its side on the burn. Decent swim on a slow/moderate retrieve as stated before. Got a dink and about a 2.5-3lber over some shallow rocks. Doesn’t seem like a very versatile bait in my opinion (without some serious tinkering). Definitely has its place in the shallows. 29BE4E7A-6DAE-4CFF-8853-A628EED5758D.thumb.jpeg.af26c43222e7f862343de096f1b1b51a.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Mkel83 said:

Fished mine for about 4 hours today. On and off with a big glide. Does cast an absolute mile as advertised.  It only got down about a foot on a slow retrieve. Wanted to nose up and lay on its side on the burn. Decent swim on a slow/moderate retrieve as stated before. Got a dink and about a 2.5-3lber over some shallow rocks. Doesn’t seem like a very versatile bait in my opinion (without some serious tinkering). Definitely has its place in the shallows. 29BE4E7A-6DAE-4CFF-8853-A628EED5758D.thumb.jpeg.af26c43222e7f862343de096f1b1b51a.jpeg

Not a bad NJ fish at all