Tuning toxic baits

BigBassinOhio

Goooood morning Vietnam!! 
 Alright y’all so I’m recently diving hard into swimbaits. I got a whipper snapper in a trade. Runs great at a slow retrieve using a 6:3:1 reel. Yet when I start to crank it down to a medium/fast speed it start to tilt to the left. Any tips on how I can make it run straight at a faster speed. Setup is leviathan MH, Tatula 300 6:3:1, XXX 20ib copoly. I am also seeing if that is just common and I’m fishing it completely wrong. 
pic is the first fish I got last night on it. Thank you all and to all a good night

DA1F99C8-7AFD-4C77-94EF-3C7324D5BF29.thumb.jpeg.db206cef2b15b872c1b4b9f867a86fdd.jpeg

I’ve also had to reglue bills that were crooked. Not just toxic but any billed bait. IMO the side roll is pretty often cause by the bill not being straight. The line tie will usually make it run left or right but if it’s rolling it could likely be the bill is off center so one side is grabbing more water. Also as someone else stated above billed baits aren’t great for burning anyway, usually like to burn them a few cranks to get down then slow down till you can feel it thumping hard

Edited by brootalititties

I run ST-56 on all my Toxics. A couple of my Wade/Wad3 roll to the left on a fast retrieve and others I can wind fast and they run true. Bending the line tie seems like it helps the bait run straighter but doesn’t solve it entirely, or maybe am not bending it enough. 

@Ceaser or @deltadood24 any guidance on fixing common tuning issues? Maybe an idea for a YouTube vid on the Toxic channel? Any info you guys can share about what to do when the bait rolls, runs off to one side, etc would be awesome. 

I have "fixed" a few buddies crooked fast burn swimming baits. 

I'm pretty positive he doesn't build them to burn except maybe the mink, I could be wrong.

I don't recommend bending the screw eye to much, not sure how long they are you can only bend them do many times! If it swims fine except for a burn you need to add weight to the front behind the lip "only" at first. 

That tungsten putty is the best bang for the buck for how small of an amount you need compared to lead tape.

You will have to test it out because you don't want it to effect the slow speed swims or the depth the bait sits at!

Goodluck, welcome to swimbaits the land of constantly thinking outside the box!