Northern guys What is your go to fall hard bait?

Born 2 fish

All summer the bullgill was killing it. But now the water is cooling fast I usually  struggling with big baits. I got a good one yesterday  on the strong shad. Do you transition to Shad pattern over bluegill  In the fall?  I probably have a month and a half before ice up starts .

Edited by Born 2 fish

26 minutes ago, urbanhick said:

I reel pop and stop glide baits around kinda like a big jerk bait. Turnover makes the bite slow till the lake flips then they chew hard in my observations here in MA.

What size glides do you use?  I only have s wavers 168 and 200s should I focus on one size over the other? Thanks.

3 hours ago, Born 2 fish said:

What size glides do you use?  I only have s wavers 168 and 200s should I focus on one size over the other? Thanks.

Depends what the fish want, I have caught them on  deps 175's up to taxi trout, RM Nego is another good one for me. Remember you are looking for a cold water reaction bite so I prefer something that has a super slow sink rate.

Water is still near 60 in Maine. Wakes and cranks all day. Caught 10 today on the slammer and ZFG. I don’t really start fishing glides til 55ish. Then the Tk comes in hrs around 50. Under 50 wakes are pretty much gone although under the right circumstances a wake will get em between 45-50. But then it’s mostly cranks, glides, Tk, and occasionally a hudd. 

I fished a glide yesterday, water temps were 57-58. It seems most of my fish have gone deep - the water turned over a little over a week ago. I was only able to get a few followers - 3 of the 4 followers I had came off of old dock pilings shallow. Looks like with the vegetation having died, fish are now suspended deep or sitting on bottom in 20 feet. I tried slow rolling a hawg hunter deep and through the suspended marks but not a touch.