What are Your top 3 swimbaits or wakes under $100.

Basscaster

I am going to start at the beginning and move up at a later time. I am trying to educate myself on the less expensive swimbaits. What are Your 3 favorite swimbaits or wakebaits you can buy for less than $100 each. Feel free to list your secret little company handmade baits that you have hoarded for the last few years. :lol: Feel free to pm me if you are unsure that you want to let loose of this bait yet. ;) I feel it's time to acknowledge this fine bait makers.

I am going to start at the beginning and move up at a later time. I am trying to educate myself on the less expensive swimbaits. What are Your 3 favorite swimbaits or wakebaits you can buy for less than $100 each. Feel free to list your secret little company handmade baits that you have hoarded for the last few years. :lol: Feel free to pm me if you are unsure that you want to let loose of this bait yet. ;) I feel it's time to acknowledge this fine bait makers.

Can't go wrong with MS Slammers. And way less than $100 each.

I am going to start at the beginning and work up at a later time. I am trying to educate myself with Your shared expertise on swimbaits. What are your top 3 swimmers, wakes, gill or rat baits under $100 each ? Feel free to list your secret little company baits or Big company baits that have caught numbers of #5's or Hugh Bass. I appreciate any favorite baits you care to share.. ;)

Triple Trout ( rod tip up ,run it on top, slow as a wake bait ) or fish it deep.

Bull Shad don't wake it, just fish it slow.

MS Slammer, wake it or run it down.

My 3 top baits, you can always rely on them to catch fish.

If you can get a copy of Southern Trout Eaters DVD that will give you a lot of info.

I live in Arkansas, not exactly the swim bait capital, but they work here !!

Hope this helps !!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j43 ... 386271.jpg

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j43 ... bc5b81.jpg

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j43 ... GP1230.jpg

this is definitely a good list for the budget minded. however, i now find after many years my work horse baits are all $100+.

that being said, what you start out with (based on what works for you), may be what you end up for quite sometime. unless you have the restraint and have the ability to put down crutch baits.

:)

GL!

this is definitely a good list for the budget minded. however, i now find after many years my work horse baits are all $100+.

that being said, what you start out with (based on what works for you), may be what you end up for quite sometime. unless you have the restraint and have the ability to put down crutch baits.

:)

GL!

It's funny how "budget minded" continues to get it done.

I just quickly went through the first page of the "Got Em" section and out of all the posts, I saw three fish that were caught on $100+ baits.

Amazingly, the fish appear to give two shits what guys spend on their baits.

It's funny how "budget minded" continues to get it done.

I just quickly went through the first page of the "Got Em" section and out of all the posts, I saw three fish that were caught on $100+ baits.

Amazingly, the fish appear to give two shits what guys spend on their baits.

i agree with you they do work, and yes the fish dont give two shits about the $$$ you spend on baits or boats for that matter. i dont spend much on the boat, and i only care if its safe and it floats. i tend to what what i spend on baits and equipment. to me thats where it counts

for me the durability of the sub $100 baits doesnt work too well. i end up fixing them, repainting them or every buying multiples to get the same type of 'money' bait.

in the law of averages, it works out to be the same for me.

if i were to choose 1 single lure under $100 - it would be the mattlures hardgill. best sub $100 work horse by far for me.

*this list only includes baits that are still available today. i did not include discontinued baits.

There are a crap ton of good baits under $100 IMO, which have all done well for me

A few:

Triple trout/gill

Mattlures Gill

Ms Slammer

Roman Made

Punkers

Crackers

3:16s (not as easy to come by as others)

CL8 Possum, Vole, Clackers, CBs

Not to mention a lot of soft baits