Irod magic stick and smaller weedless softies?

SwingAway

Anybody have experiences throwing smaller weedless baits (citizen 6, other similar 1-2 oz beast hooked baits) on this rod? I don't throw a lot of of these smaller weedless baits, but want to more often and not trying to get a new dedicated rod just yet. I've used it for frogging and big worms in the past and loved it. Fast tip, rated to 2 ounces, figure I might be able to get away with it, but I'm curious if anybody else with experience can chime in. Not trying to waste my time trying and not getting good hooksets if I just need to pony up for a new rod. Thanks SU.

• 1 month later...

For a lot of those smaller baits such as a 6" Little Creeper with a beast hook and similar baits to that I've been using a 7"6" Tatula Elite Daiwa Flipping stick and has performed very well for me and it is light weight , comfortable and can also be used for jigs & soft baits. The one I do differently when throwing the swimbaits is I tend to point my rod downward straight to the bait when swimming through shallow grrass, I'm typically using 20 lb floro. 

Edited by Primus