Big Soft Baits and Spotted Bass

Moleman

Whats up SU, 

I have a question about rigging soft baits if I know I'm going to be putting my bait Infront of a bunch of spotted bass. This winter my goal is to beat my spotted bass PB which is currently 5-4. I just purchased a few baitsmith mags and am wondering if I should leave the jig hook and run a stinger or cut it off and Butch brown/working class zero rig my magnum. In largemouth fisheries i never remove the jig hook but im worried that some of the spots looking at my bait wont be able to get their mouth around the jig hook? If my spotted bass swimbait guys could chime in that would be great. 

Thanks for your time guys, 

Matt

I have struggled to find a stinger rig that I like for mags and hudds, I always fish mine with just the jig hook but I have definitely had a bunch of spots hit mine and have only managed to catch a couple on the jig hook, and the ones that I have caught have had the bait on the outside of their mouths when I got them to the boat. Most of the teeth marks seem to be on the back of the bait so if I were specifically targeting spots I would definitely add a stinger, can't speak to whether a BB rig  would be more effective than just the jig hook but curious if anyone has anymore advice.

Keep the jig hook.  Run a stinger down the back off the jig hook.  

I have stopped throwing with a belly hook because when a largemouth eats it can really mess it up.  

I’m pretty amazed how the big spots can still eat the jig hook, but the spots will also hit the back of the bait