Leviathan XH vs LDC Workshop H

Jerkbait22

I've read the Leviathan vs LDC threads. Just curious how these particular two models compare. I'm looking for a rod to throw 5-6oz glide baits. I have a Leviathan Omega Heavy which is rated 2-6 but it feels like 5oz is pushing it.

I love how light the Leviathan rod is for it's size and weight rating but I'd prefer something with a little more horsepower for hooksets (it's very parabolic). Never owned LDC, not sure how much of a fan I am of the spiral wrap. So theres my own personal pros/cons between both, curious what other feedback people have.

To answer your actual question, and from someone who actually owns and uses both rods you’re asking about…. If you plan on throwing strictly glides or other treble hooks baits I’d opt for the leviathan. It is a bit lighter which is nice but its really made for treble hooks with the parabolic bend, especially when you’ve hooked a fish and fighting it. That said, the LDC will absolutely perform the task at hand. The great thing about the LDC heavy is that you could also throw most all of your soft baits on that same rod and have the power/backbone needed for the hook set. 

On 11/30/2022 at 10:20 AM, Bassmann86 said:

Personally I would lean towards the leviathan for 3 reasons. Conventional guide layout, physically lighter in hand and made in America Gary Loomis NFC blanks vs LDC cheap china phenix blanks 

As far as I know all Workshop blanks/rods are American made. Definitely not a phenix blank