Is the Swimbait Culture Fishmas Raffle really worth it?

jachandl1989

I’ve done it the last two years and never won anything, also it’s painfully long, think last years it was like 3.5 hours to draw all the tickets, was too much for me, I just checked back the next day to see if I had won anything 

I like the summer time one for autism cause $$ goes to a good cause 

50 minutes ago, chefchris said:

I’ve done it the last two years and never won anything, also it’s painfully long, think last years it was like 3.5 hours to draw all the tickets, was too much for me, I just checked back the next day to see if I had won anything 

I like the summer time one for autism cause $$ goes to a good cause 

I think this raffle goes to autism awareness as well.

Like any raffle, it’s slim odds. But I’ve entered every year. I’ve never won anything from the Autism Awareness raffle or the Christmas raffle. And I don’t have the patience to watch live social media for hours and hours. Like @chefchris, I tune out after awhile and just look the following day. Seems like it’s taking longer and longer every year. But people are going to win every prize listed and you don’t have a shot if you don’t enter. I usually buy one or two tickets at Christmas. But the Cure for Autism raffle…I buy as many as I can afford. Honestly… winning something would just be a bonus. 

2 minutes ago, jachandl1989 said:

I think this raffle goes to autism awareness as well.

correct me if I'm wrong but pretty sure:

this one goes to them, they buy the baits and raffle them off, not a charity raffle 

the summertime autism one is a different event and all $$$ goes to different charities. those baits get donated by the builders or people in the community 

1 minute ago, chefchris said:

this one goes to them, they buy the baits and raffle them off, not a charity raffle 

the summertime autism one is a different event and all $$$ goes to different charities. those baits get donated by the builders or people in the community 

You’re not wrong. 

7 minutes ago, chefchris said:

Ok, I saw a few baits painted in that multi color puzzle piece style that's used for autism awareness and just assumed charity was involved as well.  Thanks for the insight.

Yes, historically the “Summer Slam” and “Merry Fishmas” events are to support Swimbait Culture itself.

“Swimbaits for Autism” proceeds go to autism schools, foundations, and families. SFA is so huge now that the live drawings take forever. Still fun to watch in the background though. I’ve bought tickets myself without winning anything.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/20/2022 at 6:50 PM, danthefisherman said:

Yes, historically the “Summer Slam” and “Merry Fishmas” events are to support Swimbait Culture itself.

“Swimbaits for Autism” proceeds go to autism schools, foundations, and families. SFA is so huge now that the live drawings take forever. Still fun to watch in the background though. I’ve bought tickets myself without winning anything.

You are correct ..! 

Even if you don’t watch we appreciate the support

and is it worth it yah , 20 bucks at a chance at a great bait is a no brainer .! 

Edited by Big Gus